Dilemma

Voice your opinions on subjects you may feel strongly about

Moderator: busybusybusy

francescasmum
OSCAR Award

Dilemma

Post by francescasmum »

Last year dd did a panto and 2 weeks before the opening night the lead male dropped out saying there was too much pressure with college etc.
Today dd went for her first rehearsal as young Cosette and the role of Javert is being played by the same man who dropped out last minute. Here in lies the dilemma, Should I say something?
Flosmom
OSCAR Award

Re: Dilemma

Post by Flosmom »

Yes!

Forewarned is forearmed. A quiet word might help the team to support him better, or to watch out for warning signs, or make sure the understudy is well prepared.

I'm sure you can frame it as 'I'm just concerned to make sure that he is looked after a bit better this time, as it must have been heartbreaking for him to have to give up his opportunity, especially when he'd worked so hard through all the rehearsals - what can we do to help?'

Good luck - let us know how you get on.

Deb x
missmoneypenny
BAFTA Award

Post by missmoneypenny »

I agree - it may be worth just having a word, must have been so awful for your dd last year! Loads of luck with it all - I can so see her as young Cosette! x
francescasmum
OSCAR Award

Post by francescasmum »

I'm glad I asked - you are far more diplomatic than I, I'll have a word with the director before next weeks rehearsal. Thank you ladies. :D
Livvyvicky
GRAMMY Award

Post by Livvyvicky »

Good Luck :D
francescasmum
OSCAR Award

Post by francescasmum »

We are off to Seussical rehearsal this evening and the director for this is the Ad for Les Mis so I'm going to have a word with him (he's more approachable).
Flosmom
OSCAR Award

Post by Flosmom »

Good luck - let us know how it goes.

Deb x
francescasmum
OSCAR Award

Post by francescasmum »

it was easier to say it today because the chap in question wasn't there. It AD said he would pass on my concerns to the director, I feel better now I've told someone. Would hate for the same thing to happen if I hadn't told. Having said all of this the man in question looked far more relaxed and confident last week at rehearsal than he ever did at panto rehearsals. Maybe this is more his thing, he did sound very good last week.