16 Year Old Filming In South Africa By Himself

Voice your opinions on subjects you may feel strongly about

Moderator: busybusybusy

Irishdancer
OSCAR Award

16 Year Old Filming In South Africa By Himself

Post by Irishdancer »

Had a call from DS agent a advert audition only trouble was if he got it would have to go to South Africa by himself only with the crew. I said no agent asked if any of there 16 year old got it would a parent be able to go with then, not asking for Chaperion money company said no. Would any one on here be happy to let there dc who was only just 16 go by them selfs. I would be worried sick if he got it and went by him self
fartoomuchtodo
GRAMMY Award

Re: 16 Year Old Filming In South Africa By Himself

Post by fartoomuchtodo »

My DD is 16 and I would definitely not let her do this. She's sensible, bright and very independent but still no. Well done for sticking to your guns =D>
lollypop
GRAMMY Award

Post by lollypop »

If you are paying for yourself and not asking for expenses or chaperone fees then I struggle to see why the company would mind if you went. In fact I would probably worry as much about that as the travel itself.
riverdancefan
OSCAR Award

Post by riverdancefan »

Absolutely no way !!
Totally agree with you !
"Tall and proud my mother taught me, this is how we dance" - RIVERDANCE
Irishdancer
OSCAR Award

Post by Irishdancer »

I would not have the money to pay to go to South Africa and pay for a hotel if I had the money that would be a idea but so close to Christmas and being unemployed that would be a no
possiblypushy
GRAMMY Award

Post by possiblypushy »

Just a thought, adverts are usually VERY well paid, right? If your DS got the job, would it be worth asking your son's agent to consider paying for your tickets and accommodation out of his fee? I agree with everyone else though, it's much too far to consider letting him go without you.
paulears
BAFTA Award

Post by paulears »

The cost of the trip could be pretty expensive, I'd have thought? Would it be viable. I suppose the real question is - Do YOU trust the crew to keep an eye on him? If they're typical crew, then I'd suggest they would also be uncomfortable with being given the responsibility to look after him. Even though at 16, the restrictions have been lifted, he cannot be considered responsible - at least in Europe. In Africa? I hate to think.
JTBmum
GRAMMY Award

Post by JTBmum »

Did he actually go for audition?
Irishdancer
OSCAR Award

Post by Irishdancer »

No did not go did not seem any point, if I paid to go out of the money then it would not have been worth it if he got it fares to SA Are expencive and then have to pay for hotel. It would be nice for him to do some thing like that but not until he is 18
nextinline
GRAMMY Award

Post by nextinline »

I think you did the right think Irishdancer. Not worth the risk.
JTBmum
GRAMMY Award

Post by JTBmum »

Ds had commercial casting this week shooting SA but think there were others. Hasn't heard back....