Cruise Ships - how to get fired!

Voice your opinions on subjects you may feel strongly about

Moderator: busybusybusy

paulears
BAFTA Award

Cruise Ships - how to get fired!

Post by paulears »

One of my old dancers sent me this youtube link that everyone thinking of working on a cruise ship should watch. So much is obvious, but sounds much better coming from a younger person.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g0XOWFO9W9w
paulears
BAFTA Award

Re: Cruise Ships - how to get fired!

Post by paulears »

Disney have had a rule on dairy, fruit and veg for quite a while - now whole ships get locked down when the noro virus gets going, they take it very seriously - anything that could perish can't be kept in a fridge in the cabins.
Caroline A-C
BAFTA Award

Post by Caroline A-C »

If you can get fired for having a messy cabin, then my DS would have been kicked off in his first week on board!! He is one of the messiest people I have ever come across and he survived his entire contract!!
All new to me!
lyndahill
BAFTA Award

Post by lyndahill »

I think the answer to that is -Don't work for Disney. I worked for Princess Cruises for a few years and none of what the girl has said applied - I had an amazing time and many mornings with a hangover!! :lol:
paulears
BAFTA Award

Post by paulears »

One of the posts I replied to has vanished? The cruise ship system is extremely odd. Depending on your status, you might bot be allowed to have a drink with the passengers, or you might - but not be able to sit down. You are not allowed to drink - with breathalyser tests possible, yet they have a crew bar with subsidised prices. You can get friends and family discounts, yet it's against the rules to be in guest cabins. The bit she says about falling out with supervisors is really important. These people can get rid of you for breaking the rules if they want to - and I have first hand knowledge from a very trusted source who found herself in this situation. Other people get away with it all the time. How about those ships where if a guest gets into the lift, you must get out - and having a senior officer get into a lift that has you and a guest in it can be very dodgy.

Cruise ships are good training for following rules, and loads of people have a great time, but you need to conform to each ship's rules and each cruise line's rules - especially if you are somebody who runs close to the edge.