Brain AVM

Ask each other for help and advice!

Moderator: busybusybusy

nextinline
GRAMMY Award

Re: Brain AVM

Post by nextinline »

Have some good news and thought I would share it \:D/ \:D/ :lol: :lol: =D> =D> My nephew is doing well, he can say about three words or so at a time. One of his sisters recorded some songs with her singing for him and he can sing a little bit along with the cd \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ Small victories every day. \:D/ \:D/ :D :D =D> =D>
missmoneypenny
BAFTA Award

Post by missmoneypenny »

That is such amazing news!!!!! What an incredible journey he has had, and what a great reward for you and your family :) xx So pleased for you xx \:D/ \:D/
busybusybusy

Post by busybusybusy »

This is wonderful news..he's come such a long way...an inspiration :D
Our greatest natural resource is the minds of our children.
Irishdancer
OSCAR Award

Post by Irishdancer »

great news
nextinline
GRAMMY Award

Post by nextinline »

Nearly two years round and good news to report \:D/ My nephew can speak in sentences now and can walk a few steps unaided. He can also drink from a cup and eat a few things. When I think about these small things that make all of us smile, I feel so thankful . We forget the joys of small everyday things. He has had some more treatment recently too. Most of all he has kept his lovely sense of humour. He cannot remember the year and more in hopsital. When I heard the news the other day about people in comas I thought about how difficult decisions can be. Hope his story makes others hopeful. His quality of life might not be what it was before the AVM but compared to last year it is just fabulous \:D/ \:D/ \:D/
missmoneypenny
BAFTA Award

Post by missmoneypenny »

That is the most fantastic news :) So glad you keep us updated as it is an amazingly hopeful story. I wish you and your family every happiness x
*Cazzy-Lou*
GRAMMY Award

Post by *Cazzy-Lou* »

Absolutely fantastic news :)
Nicola
GRAMMY Award

Post by Nicola »

Absolutely wonderful that his recovery is continuing, and after how bleak you sounded at times, it just goes to show that there's always hope. Thanks for sharing the news with us - this post has put a huge smile on my face this morning and I don't even know him!
nextinline
GRAMMY Award

Post by nextinline »

Just thought I would give you an update. My nephew is progressing really well and is able to eat, walk a little and can talk too. He has enjoyed Christmas. He can't remember all the long months in hospital. Every day is a small victory. He has kept his sense of humour. Life will continue to be a struggle and the outcome is never certain but for the moment he is really enjoying every moment and to be honest isn't that what we should all be doing. Hope this gives hope to anyone else having a bad time for whatever reason.
bruno2
OSCAR Award

Post by bruno2 »

Oh that is fantastic news, and Im so glad you all had a wonderfull christmas. Fingers crossed for an even better new year for you all. xx :lol: :lol:
Genevieve
BAFTA Award

Post by Genevieve »

really uplifting to hear that your nephew is making such good progress - that's just wonderful news
*Cazzy-Lou*
GRAMMY Award

Post by *Cazzy-Lou* »

What wonderful and inspiring news :D
Hollywood
BRIT Award

Post by Hollywood »

Fantastic news.

What a brave young man he is, and how tremendous that he has come on so well since 2 years ago. What a relief for you all. Thanks for sharing the news.

My cousin who had an AVM (not as gravely ill as him) who has been getting stronger all the time since her operation etc has just announced she is pregnant again :D she will be monitored closely, but all is looking good so far.

Have faith, things can get better and better for him too [-o<

H x
francescasmum
OSCAR Award

Post by francescasmum »

Great news for both Nextinline and Hollywood, our love goes out to everyone on this site who is having a hard time at the moment, we count oursleves so lucky to be all fit and well at the moment.
We have has a hard past two years between my Ds (major motor bike accident, with many broken bones and serious internal injuries, then a kidney removed) and I (with 4 minor knee operations plus a replacement). After my other new knee is delivered in a month or two that should be all operations over and we can approach our silver wedding in March with dancing feet. Our older daughter got married last May and no one could dance - my son had his kidney removed 11 days before and I'd had my knee done 10 days before, we look like ghosts on the wedding photos! :lol: .
A happy And Health New Year to all NAOMs and trheir families. :D
nextinline
GRAMMY Award

Post by nextinline »

It is a long time since I last posted so thought you might enjoy this update. My nephew is doing very well indeed, he is able to speak, eat, walk a short distance and still has his lovely sense of humour. He does not remember the long time he had in hospital or coming out of the coma and was moved when he heard how many good wishes you had all sent him. He is such a loving boy who is now 22
( he was 19 when this happened) and he is never sorry about his condition. He is an inspiration to anyone who is having a hard time at the moment. Things can get better. He does not know when his condition will deteriorate again but for now he is happy being here with us all. Hope his story helps others. I appreciated all your help and support when he was so ill for so long. :D :D :D :D