Brain AVM

Ask each other for help and advice!

Moderator: busybusybusy

Hecouldshine
OSCAR Award

Re: Brain AVM

Post by Hecouldshine »

Hope the procedure/op goes well. Thinking of him.
He could go and he could shine, not just stay here counting time,
Son, we've got the chance to let him live

from Billy Elliot the Musical
proudmum
BRIT Award

Post by proudmum »

Wishing him all the best,I hope it all goes well and he recovers soon [-o< [-o< xx
With great power there comes great responsibility.
missmoneypenny
BAFTA Award

Post by missmoneypenny »

Yes, lots and lots of good wishes to him and the family, what an awful time you are all having x
nextinline
GRAMMY Award

Post by nextinline »

Just to let you know that the op eventually went ahead some hours later and that they successfully managed to get the shunt put in. This is the first piece of positive news in 3 months so we are over the moon. \:D/ It is only a small step as he is still in coma but at least it gives him a chance.
titania

Post by titania »

Thanks for the update, lets hope it makes a difference soon.
nextinline
GRAMMY Award

Post by nextinline »

My nephew has had two operations over the last few days. He was very poorly over the weekend ](*,) then in the operating theatre until early hours of this morning and has got through the second op :D . Please think of him on Thursday as he will be 20 but not aware of it as still in coma :-k :-k .
missmoneypenny
BAFTA Award

Post by missmoneypenny »

Will certainly be thinking of him - really hope he starts to pick up soon xx
Romeha3
GRAMMY Award

Post by Romeha3 »

We will be thinking of him too!!!
Rose
Nominee

Post by Rose »

I will pray for him. My son is this age I feel for all the family. I'll be thinking of him.
What sunshine is to flowers, smiles are to humanity.
Trish2410
GRAMMY Award

Post by Trish2410 »

Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family at this awful time. Keep strong
Last night I lay in bed looking up at the stars in the sky and I thought to myself, where the heck is the ceiling.
nextinline
GRAMMY Award

Post by nextinline »

He managed to kiss his Mum yesterday for the first time in three months \:D/ \:D/ He is 20 today, still desperately ill but still here. He must be very strong as he has been through so much.
missmoneypenny
BAFTA Award

Post by missmoneypenny »

Oh, that's fantastic news, brought a lump to my throat - that kiss must have meant so much to his mum. I will keep him in my thoughts and so hope that it is the start of his recovery xx
*Cazzy-Lou*
GRAMMY Award

Post by *Cazzy-Lou* »

Still thinking & praying for him. I hope you get good news soon. [-o< x
Hollywood
BRIT Award

Post by Hollywood »

Great news. Must have been thrilling for his mum to get such a fantastic response, how lovely for her. Lets hope it's the start of small progress steps in the right direction. Thinking of you. [-o<
Avril
Nominee

Post by Avril »

My thoughts and prayers are with all of you. My brother left severely brain-injured 20 years ago now after an accident ( result of lack of oxygen). As you're learning, things progress very slowly but each little sign - like that kiss - becomes so important and gives such hope and encouragement.
Don't forget to look after yourselves too. Like us you're obviously a close family and in a situation like this you become so centred around the hospital and being there. My brother was in for a very extended time before finally being able to come home, with care, and as a family we felt we wanted someone there at all times which clearly takes its toll on everyone. It's important to remember that, much as that person needs you, your own health is important too - hard for his mum especially, I know, but just trying to share some of the 'wisdom' gained from experience.
I so hope your nephew continues to progress and that the future soon looks brighter for all of you - it does get easier with time - really!!!
Thinking of you
xxx