Brain AVM

Ask each other for help and advice!

Moderator: busybusybusy

nextinline
GRAMMY Award

Re: Brain AVM

Post by nextinline »

Thanks Avril for your kind words. I have been to the hospital tonight and it is the most responsive I have seen him yet \:D/ . He knew who I was :D and managed to open his eyes :D and to communicate a little by moving his head =D> . He wants to talk but cannot do so as yet. He is a long way from being anywhere near fine (2 years the hospital are saying at least) however, it is the most positive it has been in the last three months since it happened.
titania

Post by titania »

It sounds like maybe he has turned a corner, so lets all hope he maintains this improvement, a day at a time. Still sending healing wishes.
Irishdancer
OSCAR Award

Post by Irishdancer »

Glad he is doing so well. I saw a program on t.v. A few months ago about a man who has an AVM had to raise a lot of money to have an operation to have the AVM glued so that it would not burst he had about 5 operations went throught them all with him he is fine now. Its not fare that he had to raise so much money to save his life
Hecouldshine
OSCAR Award

Post by Hecouldshine »

nextinline wrote:....the most responsive I have seen him yet \:D/ . He knew who I was :D and managed to open his eyes :D and to communicate a little by moving his head =D> . He wants to talk but cannot do so as yet. ...
So pleased to hear this after all this time. Thinking of him and you all for the long haul now. Hopefully that's the immediate emergency and operation period out of the way now ???? [-o<
He could go and he could shine, not just stay here counting time,
Son, we've got the chance to let him live

from Billy Elliot the Musical
nextinline
GRAMMY Award

Post by nextinline »

Just a quick update. Last weekend was dire as he was so ill and had to have an emergency operation. Saturday night was horrible as we had been told to expect the worst but I am pleased to say that he came through again (I think this is about 9 operations now). He will need more but he has had a much better week. Off to see him this afternoon. He must be one very strong boy :D
Luckymum
GRAMMY Award

Post by Luckymum »

He certainly seems to be a fighter thank goodness. Hope he can continue to improve [-o< [-o< [-o< Sending lots of get well wishes xx
Winners never quit and quiters never win xxx

Be Lucky ;-)
*Cazzy-Lou*
GRAMMY Award

Post by *Cazzy-Lou* »

Glad to hear he is still fighting. Thinking & praying for him. [-o< x x x
Genevieve
BAFTA Award

Post by Genevieve »

Positive thoughts from me too and praying he continues to improve - he is very strong isn't he.
titania

Post by titania »

You have all been on such a roller coaster I hope it settles down and he continues to improve.
dawsum
Nominee

Post by dawsum »

What a hard time you are all going through. Thoughts and prayers continue to be with you, your nephew and the rest of his family.
GEORGIEROSE
GRAMMY Award

Post by GEORGIEROSE »

god blessxxx
Hollywood
BRIT Award

Post by Hollywood »

So sorry Nextinline that he is so poorly :( What a battler he is. Praying he has the strength to fight this [-o<

Update on our cousin.

As you know she was recovering well but a 'time bomb' waiting to happen. Anyway, was called in to have the veins glued (op mentioned in Irishdancers earlier post). Had op a few weeks ago (think they do it through the groin), anyway came through it fine but then got the bad news it hadn't worked :( Surgeon decided he was going to go in through the head this time and see if he could take out the AVM. He decided he would do it 4 days after the previous op. We were all petrified as you can imagine. 2 weeks ago she had the op. 4.5 hours later she was taken into Intensive Care and we didn't know what to expect. Recovered well from op. Then the news...surgeon has managed to remove the whole AVM =D> =D> \:D/ \:D/ Full recovery expected. :shock:

We are thrilled. Saw her this week - out of hospital. Couldn't believe how well she looked. Massive headband on, but no wobbles, no stroke like symptoms. Following her 11 month old round the floor like any other young mum! A miracle. Astounded, but no more AVM. We are all totally shocked. :shock:

Praying that your nephew continues to fight this thing, and hope he improves and gets the miracle we just have [-o< [-o< xx
nextinline
GRAMMY Award

Post by nextinline »

Hollywood what excellent news \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ Wishing her all the best and hopefully now she can relax and get on with enjoying her baby \:D/ \:D/
nextinline
GRAMMY Award

Post by nextinline »

Just heard that he has had another operation and that he has a double shunt put in. Hopefully this will be a step forward.
missmoneypenny
BAFTA Award

Post by missmoneypenny »

How fantastic Hollwood - so happy to hear this.

Nextinline - I so feel for your family, he really must be amazingly strong and determined - will keep him in our thoughts and prayers xx