The Poor School

Ask each other for help and advice!

Moderator: busybusybusy

watchthisspace
BRIT Award

The Poor School

Post by watchthisspace »

Sorry, another question... :oops:

I applied for a place at The Poor School for a two year course, and got a reply asking me to audition.

What do you all know about the poor school? Is it worth going to against uni?

I'd love to know all your thoughts :)

Thanks in advance :D
pg
OSCAR Award

Re: The Poor School

Post by pg »

If you are considering drama school training, I would recommend looking first at accredited courses - these are the ones that have been independently assessed as giving the best training for the profession. Many of these are degree courses funded in the same way as University.

The National Council for Drama Training website www.ncdt.co.uk gives useful information about drama training and lists all the accredited courses (Poor School doesn't appear...).

If you're thinking of auditioning for drama school, it will be worth trawling through the drama school thread on the Auditions 16 - 20 page!

Personally, I wouldn't choose an non-accredited course over University. What were/are you planning to study at University? Are you hoping to make a career as an actor/
mathsmum
GRAMMY Award

Post by mathsmum »

i thought the poor school was more aimed at post-uni aged people, being evenings and weekends most of the time ie you can go there and have a day job?
Life is complex - some of it is real, some of it is imaginary.
watchthisspace
BRIT Award

Post by watchthisspace »

I looked at the course breakdown and just thought it seemed interesting- also, being evening classes, would give me the chance to save before going to uni!

Yes, I was planning on taking a year off anyway, so this would be a pre-university course. Definitely going to look into the places on that link- thank you so much! :D