Agents in the East Midlands

Ask each other for help and advice!

Moderator: busybusybusy

musicaljojo
Nominee

Agents in the East Midlands

Post by musicaljojo »

It's my first post here...so please don't be too harsh on me, I know some boards are to newbies, but I was just wondering if anyone knew of any good extra or general good agents in the midlands in the east midlands, I heard of one called Celex that was in Derby, but their website doesn't look too inspiring so if anyone could help I would be most greatful, looking for agents who take on age 16+ really...if anyone has any help I would be most greatful and I hope to meet more of you around!!
pg
OSCAR Award

Re: Agents in the East Midlands

Post by pg »

Hi there! Welcome to NAPM

If you're looking for an extras agency in the East Midlands then I would say Celex should be top of your list. They've been around for a long time and although I've never had any dealings with them I have met extras represented by them on a couple of things I've been involved in (a few years ago now, but as far as I know they're still going strong).

I'm pretty sure they represent actors as well as extras, though I would guess they're mainly known as an extras agency.

If you want work as an extra, you can register with more than one extras agency.

If you're hoping to work as an actor then you don't have to limit yourself to agencies based near you. I live in Derbyshire but have a London agent and I know quite a few people who live further north than I do who have London agents. I also know some London based actors who are registered with Manchester agencies.

Actors' agencies will normally insist on sole representation.

I hope some of that is useful!
musicaljojo
Nominee

Post by musicaljojo »

Sorry about the late reply, but thank you very much for your welcome and your advice.
I shall certainly contact them and see how they can help!
Nice to meet a fellow derbyshire person, I'm from there myself, so thanks again for the help!
JemsThaCooliest
BRIT Award

Post by JemsThaCooliest »

Just thought I'd post because I'm from Derbyshire aswell! Hello hahaa :mrgreen: :lol:
Anyone Can Fullfill Their Dreams If They Want It Enough!