drama education after school

Ask each other for help and advice!

Moderator: busybusybusy

Paggle
GRAMMY Award

drama education after school

Post by Paggle »

Is it better to go to drama school e.g. italia conti, bird etc after year 11 (gcses) or year 13 (A levels) ?
Only I was thinking of going to one after school, and I noticed many are now accepting applications for next year...
x
islandofsodor
OSCAR Award

Re: drama education after school

Post by islandofsodor »

My dh teaches at one of the colleges you mention.

They only accept dancers afer GCSE's on the whole not actors. I would say that it is better after A levels as funsing is easier then unless you are definately set on a vocational dance course that offers an A level equivalent qualifications like the BTEC
Paggle
GRAMMY Award

Post by Paggle »

Ok. Would you recommend I stay at school then?
Also, because I currently attend a grammar school, I'm not sure how it would be accepted if I didn't do A levels "/
Thanks again :)
x
Luckymum
GRAMMY Award

Post by Luckymum »

Also you could enrole on a musical theatre course (performing arts)~ my dd started a 3 year course at Conti's at 16 and now into her 3rd year and on completition of the course graduate with the Academy’s Diploma and the National Diploma in Professional Musical Theatre which is awarded through Trinity College (London). This qualification is banded at Level 4, which equates to a First Degree.
This course covers loads of things including acting and acting for camera so might be of interest to you :)
Winners never quit and quiters never win xxx

Be Lucky ;-)