Play for AS Drama Practical

Ask each other for help and advice!

Moderator: busybusybusy

sapphire
OSCAR Award

Play for AS Drama Practical

Post by sapphire »

My DD is finding it difficult to find a play for her AS drama practical. The group she is working with is just two girls and one boy. They had decided to perform TWO by Jim Cartwright ... with DD playing the landlady, the boy playing the landlord and the other girl the other characters in the pub. They were very happy doing this as all scenes are duologues and they managed to find enough so they all had equal stage time. however, their drama teacher has told them that they can;t perform TWO with three people and that they need to find something else. Apparently it has to be modern. I am stuck ](*,) Can anyone suggest anything that might be suitable???

Thanks [-o<
ash

Re: Play for AS Drama Practical

Post by ash »

A good source for info, you can search by number of cast which makes it ideal for your needs -hope it helps

http://www.lazybeescripts.co.uk/cgi-bin/QS_Search.ASP
sapphire
OSCAR Award

Post by sapphire »

Thanks Ash! We may have found something!!! All other suggestions welcome though!
paulears
BAFTA Award

Post by paulears »

You didn't say what board this is, but selection of the piece is usually done by the teacher because they have the mark scheme and know the features that will allow them the best opportunity to hit the marking areas. I'm amazed they've not already selected an appropriate piece for them. Sometimes really good works don't hit the critical areas, so I'm a little suspicious. If you can find the exact course, then you can download the spec (the old syllabus), the mark scheme and sometimes even previous chief examiners reports - reading this lot will give you a much better understanding of what is going on.
aliceinwonderinc
GRAMMY Award

Post by aliceinwonderinc »

When I did my AS we got to choose the play ourselves. Our teacher suggested some and helped if we were stuck but we got to choose.
sapphire
OSCAR Award

Post by sapphire »

i think schools differ in their approaches. Finally managed to sort it out :D
Headliner
BRIT Award

Post by Headliner »

When i was doing my AS practical exam there were 2 girls and me (the boy) and we did After Miss Julie by Patrick Marber. It was perfect for us.
"Life's like a play; it's not the length but the excellence of the acting that matters"