Passport

Ask each other for help and advice!

Moderator: busybusybusy

Irishdancer
OSCAR Award

Passport

Post by Irishdancer »

Dose any one no if u have to sign for yr passport when u receve it ds is due any day now want to go out but will wait in if I have to sign for it
sapphire
OSCAR Award

Re: Passport

Post by sapphire »

It's a few years since we renewed our passports but I seem to recall that they ARE sent recorded delivery and you need to sign but I am not 100% sure. If you are not in, then it will be taken to your nearest sorting office and you will be able to collect from there.
Irishdancer
OSCAR Award

Post by Irishdancer »

Thanks sapphire thought so got are passports 5 years ago and could not remember but thought I had to sign for them
MammaD
BRIT Award

Post by MammaD »

Yup - have to be signed for...
Live and Let Live
francescasmum
OSCAR Award

Post by francescasmum »

It has to be signed for, but not necessarily by the person the passport is for, so as long as someone is at home to sign that will be ok. We renewed our passports last year and I signed for all of them. I was out when they came with one and they came back two hours later (so the chap told me told me).
dadadance
BRIT Award

Post by dadadance »

On the application form it said that it would have to be signed for in certain areas. We didn't have to sign for ours last year but my DN had to and they got the address wrong in the passport office which delaid delivery even though they had the application form checked by the post office before sending it in.
Irishdancer
OSCAR Award

Post by Irishdancer »

Passport came today when I was at work and ds at golf so the answer is no u do not need to sign for it.
Irishdancer
OSCAR Award

Post by Irishdancer »

ds told me it was here came in and it was old passport so have to wait and see when it comes now
islandofsodor
OSCAR Award

Post by islandofsodor »

You don't have to sign for them but they are sent via a special courier rather than royal mail.