Fundraising for RADA

Ask each other for help and advice!

Moderator: busybusybusy

Headliner
BRIT Award

Fundraising for RADA

Post by Headliner »

I have been offered a place on RADA's foundation course, starting September but am looking for fundraising ideas as the course fee is £10,600. I am writing to various companies/big franchises, and might write to some celebrities on the off chance. But if anyone has any ideas on how I can raise the funds i would be very grateful!
"Life's like a play; it's not the length but the excellence of the acting that matters"
harry2
GRAMMY Award

Re: Fundraising for RADA

Post by harry2 »

Hi,
I once heard of a book that my acting tutor mentioned I think and you can apply for parts of your funding from various organisations/ charities listed in there I think its in most large reference librarys? Dont they do scholarships? well done though good luck!
pg
OSCAR Award

Re: Fundraising for RADA

Post by pg »

It's best to start locally I think. Check on your local council's website (parish council, town council - the more "local" the better). Check to see whether the council administers any local trusts - they often do. There are sometimes pots of money for residents.

Go to your library armed with pen and paper and paracetamol and look at the Directory of Grant Making Trusts. You will need to do the research at the library as they probably won't let you take it away. This is a bit of a long shot, there are not all that many trusts that will provide money for individuals, and even fewer that will fund courses like this I'm afraid.

Consider fund-raising ventures like concerts and jumble sales - enlist a team of supporters who will back you. Get your local paper interested in your quest.