Tripple Threat.

Ask each other for help and advice!

Moderator: busybusybusy

Paggle
GRAMMY Award

Tripple Threat.

Post by Paggle »

Hi Guys :)
I've been really lucky recently, and filmed many projects within the space of about four months. Next year (6th form) I am going to study Performing Arts and Drama&Theatre Studies (along with 3 other academic subjects). My PA teacher has recommended that I take Dance lessons to become a tripple threat, as I already Act and Sing. She says it will be especially useful to me, as I want to study Drama at a PA school in London after I have completed my A levels.
HOWEVER.
She did not specify which styles it would be most useful to learn. One thing I have to keep in mind is that I will need to get a job to pay for the lessons!
Any help would be EXTREMELY appreciated :D
Paige x
Welsh Mum
OSCAR Award

Re: Tripple Threat.

Post by Welsh Mum »

Your teacher is right, if you want to be a triple threat then dance is essential. Any dance is better than none, but the core of all good dance training should be ballet. If you can I would do a ballet lesson and a jazz class every week, though I know cost and time as well as availability will effect your choice. But Ballet is the core, while jazz is most near the type of dance used in many WE shows. However, as i said, any dance is better than none.

To get in to a good MT course you will have to act, sing and dance at your audition. Unlike singing and acting (which you will do solo in your auditions) the dance is usually in a group, so it is easy to compare those with dance ability and those without.
The highway's jammed with broken heroes on a last chance power drive.
Paggle
GRAMMY Award

Post by Paggle »

Thanks WelshMum :)
I am 16, is that not too late to start learning Ballet?
x
Welsh Mum
OSCAR Award

Post by Welsh Mum »

Well its later than most but not too late - Darcey Bussell didn't start till 13 after all! Bear in mind that if you managed to get onto a MT course you would have weekly ballet classes anyway - there are some on my DDs course who have never done ballet and they have found it hard i think.

Another tip is do music theory if you don't/haven't already - a big help in singing.
The highway's jammed with broken heroes on a last chance power drive.
Paggle
GRAMMY Award

Post by Paggle »

Thanks so much, I really do appreciate it :)
Now just to find classes near where I live!
x