What websites do Agents use?

Ask each other for help and advice!

Moderator: busybusybusy

JACKIEWACKIE
BRIT Award

What websites do Agents use?

Post by JACKIEWACKIE »

Good Evening All

Does anyone know what websites their Children's Agency use.

I have seen a few postings on here and other websites like Starnow and Kids Pro for my DS.

I have contacted the agency about them and they have havent heard of any the short films I have seen advertised.

Thank you

x
pg
OSCAR Award

Re: What websites do Agents use?

Post by pg »

Are any of the short films you refer to offering any payment?

Your agent is only likely to be interested in paid work (for obvious reasons!). Short films are not very often paid and those that are will tend to go via Spotlight in my experience. Most agents I know use Spotlight but won't bother with most other websites (because there is so rarely any paid work there that hasn't already appeared via Spotlight).

It isn't really an agent's job to look for unpaid opportunties for their clients - though they will often be willing to give advice about which opportunities are worth exploring. An agent will normally be happy for clients to take on unpaid work occasionally - though you should always check with them in case the dates clash with something they have submitted you for.

Does that help :? ?
JACKIEWACKIE
BRIT Award

Post by JACKIEWACKIE »

Hanks for your help.

I think some of them were low paid or expenses paid etc.

I think I willl let them do their work and if I see something I might apply for it on ds behlalf.

Can't complain he got casted in a short film in April and has been put forward for some comercials but didn't get to audition stage.

X
JACKIEWACKIE
BRIT Award

Post by JACKIEWACKIE »

I have now upgraded DS account on kids pro so if I see anthing of interest I can apply without asking the agency.

One other thing. If the parent finds the work the agency don't take any commision if low pay etc.

Ta x
pg
OSCAR Award

Post by pg »

I'm not sure whether you are making a statement or asking a question there!

The following is just an observation about agents and commission:
An agent might reasonably expect to get commission if they have any involvement in the job (dealing with contracts/payments etc) - even if you "found" it. Some agents might also want/expect commission if the job you find is long-term (and therefore counting you out of any commission-earning jobs for the agent). I would also always expect to clear a job with my agent before accepting it. An agent will/should be working hard in the background to get you seen for work - applying and accepting a job your agent knows nothing about could be detrimental to your chances for something bigger and better
Golightly
BRIT Award

Post by Golightly »

Yes, I've always understood it to be standard industry practice for agents to be paid commission even if you source the job yourself; ultimately all negotiations and payments should be handled through your agent.
JACKIEWACKIE
BRIT Award

Post by JACKIEWACKIE »

Sorry I didn't make clear.

What I meant to say was I will look for other work for my Ds but will keep the agent up to date on everything.

I hope this clears it all.
francescasmum
OSCAR Award

Post by francescasmum »

pg, what happens in you have two agents but neither of them sorted a job, or, in fact if one of them did, do both still take commission?