HELP with travel to London from SW

Ask each other for help and advice!

Moderator: busybusybusy

tikka
GRAMMY Award

HELP with travel to London from SW

Post by tikka »

HI
Now DS is too old for me to use a Family Rail card it costs a fortune to get a last minute train into London so thought I might be brave and try driving in.

I'm not very confident of driving actually 'into' London, so wondered if anyone could think of an underground station I could easily drive to (I'd be going along the M4) where I could park and leave the car.

Thanks
Tikka
riverdancefan
OSCAR Award

Re: HELP with travel to London from SW

Post by riverdancefan »

how about a student railcard ?, is that any good ? - i couldn't drive it, even though I passed my test in London, that was so many years ago I would be terrified now.... :shock:
"Tall and proud my mother taught me, this is how we dance" - RIVERDANCE
gymnast
Nominee

Post by gymnast »

Best place for undergound off M4 will be Hounslow West underground station on the Piccadilly Line. Is is only about 2 miles from M4 junction for Feltham and Hounslow. Car park costs £4.50 and you can get a travelcard for £8 adult. Will take about 45 mins on tube from here to Central London. We use it all the time for going for castings.
wonderland
BRIT Award

Post by wonderland »

I have friends who use hammersmith shoppers car park seems to work for them :)
dadadance
BRIT Award

Post by dadadance »

If going into London from Hounslow West the car park is free on Saturdays and Sundays, bit tight Saturdays as there is a market but we've always found space. Takes 45 minutes to Covent Garden from there. Driving into town is fun! but parking expensive and you have to be aware of resident parking spaces. Paying for parking is also by phone which is not easy to set up.