ALW Superstar Search

Ask each other for help and advice!

Moderator: busybusybusy

Caroline A-C
BAFTA Award

ALW Superstar Search

Post by Caroline A-C »

My ds has had a message sent to him on Starnow.com from somebody called "JaneB" saying "we are currently looking for exciting new musical talent" and that his "profile defines him as just that!" and asking him to apply for the new search for Jesus Christ Superstar. When I look at Jane B's profile there are no details whatsoever. Has anybody else had a message from this person. I know that you can just apply for an audition so not sure why he would be sent this. He is studying Musical Theatre in London and doesn't think the college would let him apply anyway. If anybody has any more info on this Jane B I would be very grateful.
All new to me!
shortguy
GRAMMY Award

Re: ALW Superstar Search

Post by shortguy »

I think J received it as well but has ignored it
"Never look down on anybody else unless you are helping them up"
Caroline A-C
BAFTA Award

Post by Caroline A-C »

Thanks shortguy. Have had info from somebody and it appears that she probably works for ITV. Dd can't do it though due to college. Think those who have time on their hands are the only ones who can apply for this, just in case they get further down the line. Ideal for those in their last year of college or on a gap year. Shame, but that's life I suppose.
All new to me!
aliceinwonderinc
GRAMMY Award

Post by aliceinwonderinc »

Anyone can apply for this there's a form online. I applied for this even though I'm a girl, just because I thought it would be funny, and now they've sent me an email asking me to tell them what songs I want to sing and to come down for an audition! Might go just for fun but it's all very strange!
Flosmom
OSCAR Award

Post by Flosmom »

aliceinwonderinc wrote:Anyone can apply for this there's a form online. I applied for this even though I'm a girl, just because I thought it would be funny, and now they've sent me an email asking me to tell them what songs I want to sing and to come down for an audition! Might go just for fun but it's all very strange!
Well, there's equality for you! :lol:

Deb x
Caroline A-C
BAFTA Award

Post by Caroline A-C »

Exactly - just made me a bid suspicious as to why you would be asked individually when it is open to all. Makes you think either it is dodgy or they have an idea as to what they already want. Either way, ds is not going to apply.
All new to me!
francescasmum
OSCAR Award

Post by francescasmum »

You could always apply through the official channels.
TotallycluelessMum
GRAMMY Award

Post by TotallycluelessMum »

Love them or hate them, these reality musical theatre shows have totally transformed many of the contestants' lives and careers. Look at Samantha Barks! Good luck to anyone who has a ds giving it a go [-o< :)
Flosmom
OSCAR Award

Post by Flosmom »

They bring audiences into the shows too, it's like having an hour-long prime time TV ad every week. Which (I think) is why they aren't on the BBC any more.

Anything that brings audiences in has to be a good thing in my book. :lol:

Deb x