Lamda monologue help

Ask each other for help and advice!

Moderator: busybusybusy

islandofsodor
OSCAR Award

Lamda monologue help

Post by islandofsodor »

I'm struggling to find a suitable monologue for a slightly older girl doing entry level acting. Most are too short. She doesn't want to do anything too young but the problem with monologues based on literature for older children is they are either not enough speech or they are just too in depth for this level.

We've used Roald Dahl and Alice in Wonderland in the past successfully but she doesn't like those.
pg
OSCAR Award

Re: Lamda monologue help

Post by pg »

What age is she? I have one or two possible ideas but they might be a bit too old for her in terms of content/life experience. Will put my thinking cap on!
Genevieve
BAFTA Award

Post by Genevieve »

how old is your dd ?
islandofsodor
OSCAR Award

Post by islandofsodor »

It's not my dd. this girl is 12.
DQsMum
GRAMMY Award

Post by DQsMum »

For grade 1 my daughter did The resident Ghost by Jacqueline Emery(very 'physical' and poem: Stop Slimming Mum (very funny), she thoroughly enjoyed both and was a grown up 10 at the time..at 12 she is used Skellig for Grade 3, I wonder if any of these any use?
"I have to act to live" - Sir Lawrence Olivier / http://www.starnow.co.uk/georgiehm
islandofsodor
OSCAR Award

Post by islandofsodor »

The Resident Ghost is one of the set anthology pieces for Level 1 (grades 1-3) so you arnt allowed to use it for Entry Level.

I've not come across Stop Slimming Mum. Is it a standalone monologue from a collection or a extract from a play.

I know Skellig is used for Verse & Prose. Did you adapt the monologue from the novel yourselves or has it been done for you.
islandofsodor
OSCAR Award

Post by islandofsodor »

However if Skellig was used for a Grade 3 exam I expect it would be too advanced for this student. I have no problems finding Grade 1-3 pieces. It's Entry Level that is hard.
lollypop
GRAMMY Award

Post by lollypop »

Any ideas for a serious (not comedy) grade 1 monologue for a 9yo boy - he is dismissing everything I suggest from Ronald Dahl as too girly?! Thanks
Irishdancer
OSCAR Award

Post by Irishdancer »

What about Lord Of The Rings ds did the bit in the cave when the ring was found ds did it when he was about 9 think it's one of the set pieces but not sure really nice for boys. It's when Bilbo Baginns finds the ring
lyndahill
BAFTA Award

Post by lyndahill »

My DD's drama teacher chooses her lamda monologues. Can't you ask the teacher for something suitable??
lollypop
GRAMMY Award

Post by lollypop »

Thanks - he loves Lord of the rings. Brilliant idea
francescasmum
OSCAR Award

Post by francescasmum »

Or Harry Potter.
tagmama
GRAMMY Award