Half Term Workshops Essex/London

Ask each other for help and advice!

Moderator: busybusybusy

PoppyLily
BRIT Award

Half Term Workshops Essex/London

Post by PoppyLily »

Hi All, looking for a workshop in the half term for dd's age 8 and 10. Most seem to be age 11 and over? Any info would be greatly appreciated :) I am based in North Essex and about an hour and a half from central London
eleanorrigby66
GRAMMY Award

Re: Half Term Workshops Essex/London

Post by eleanorrigby66 »

My DD is 8, shes' going to the Spirit Young Performers Company workshop in half term - no experience of them before but it's been highly recommended to me. Worth checking out.
francescasmum
OSCAR Award

Post by francescasmum »

My dd went to their summer workshop and thoroughly enjoyed herself despite having a broken wrist she still managed to sing and dance all week.
This is a link to the song they prepared http://youtu.be/Jrz4BjhNysc
eleanorrigby66
GRAMMY Award

Post by eleanorrigby66 »

francescasmum wrote:My dd went to their summer workshop and thoroughly enjoyed herself despite having a broken wrist she still managed to sing and dance all week.
This is a link to the song they prepared http://youtu.be/Jrz4BjhNysc
My DD loves this video, she sings it all the time! Well done to your DD!
PoppyLily
BRIT Award

Post by PoppyLily »

Thank you very much. The Spirit workshop looks great, funnily enough I had already earmarked this an an option. Just debating if my dd's are up to travelling to London every day after such a long school term!! Spirit look a wonderful company for young performers and they are also running a singing competition this month. :) Thanks again
mouskouri41
GRAMMY Award

Post by mouskouri41 »

My dd loves this too eleanorrigby-and it's certainly very catchy.I couldn't get her to sleep the other night she was just singing this over and over again!We'll see you at half term as dd is doing the workshop,she'll be the little one with the glasses.Hopefully see you too,poppylily.
PoppyLily
BRIT Award

Post by PoppyLily »

Yes definitely @mouskouri41 will let you know, think it will be an exciting opportunity. :) p.s thank you for your PM by the way, just not had a moment. Once I get on here, it's addictive!!! :lol: :lol: and nothing gets done indoors
mouskouri41
GRAMMY Award

Post by mouskouri41 »

Hey no worries,and congrats to your dd!
PoppyLily
BRIT Award

Post by PoppyLily »

mouskouri41 wrote:Hey no worries,and congrats to your dd!
Thank you so much :)
emi's mum
BAFTA Award

Post by emi's mum »

Also worth checking out West End Masterclass. They are running a free workshop on oct 27th but you have to register via their site. They are excellent. DD takes classes there every Sunday http://westendmasterclass.co.uk/free-masterclass/
SYP is also an excellent choice. Not been able to do this one ourselves but have seen the results and most impressed.
PoppyLily
BRIT Award

Post by PoppyLily »

emi's mum wrote:Also worth checking out West End Masterclass. They are running a free workshop on oct 27th but you have to register via their site. They are excellent. DD takes classes there every Sunday http://westendmasterclass.co.uk/free-masterclass/
SYP is also an excellent choice. Not been able to do this one ourselves but have seen the results and most impressed.
Thanks so much, will check this out for the little fish & co xx
rej66
Nominee

Post by rej66 »

My DD is doing the Spirit Workshop, and is both excited and a little nervous at the same time. Good to hear she won't be the only 'newbie'!
igloobabe
OSCAR Award

Post by igloobabe »

Is the WEM still run by Michael Xavier and Lindsey Wise? They used to do them out our way (Harpenden) and dds LOVED them!
emi's mum
BAFTA Award

Post by emi's mum »

igloobabe wrote:Is the WEM still run by Michael Xavier and Lindsey Wise? They used to do them out our way (Harpenden) and dds LOVED them!
It is indeed. I actually sat in on Maria Friedman giving a class there today. What a thrill and privilege. I feel I had a Masterclass in teaching techniques. Awestruck!!!
PoppyLily
BRIT Award

Post by PoppyLily »

Unfortunately WEM have changed their age limit to 12 for the classes so not for us this time but will definitely look at this again in the future :) Thank you for all replies