DSM Productions

Ask each other for help and advice!

Moderator: busybusybusy

mumamia
GRAMMY Award

DSM Productions

Post by mumamia »

Hi everyone just want to wish everyone a happy Christmas and many thanks for all your support and help.
I was just wondering if anybody has heard of dsm productions through kids casting call a man has sent a few messages to my dd about a pilot film his mane is Daniel Staley-Myers I have done a little research just a bit concerned all is not what it seams has anybody on hear had contact from this person or worked with him before thanking you in advance.
Regards mumamia
pg
OSCAR Award

Re: DSM Productions

Post by pg »

Well, from the details available on his website I wouldn't be rushing to take him up on any offers.

He's written some scripts - and it looks as though you can read them if you want to - but there's no evidence that he has any production experience.

What exactly is he proposing?

He's 23, but with much less industry knowledge (it would seem) than a lot of 23 year olds I know. Why is he looking to cast his "productions" when all he currently seems to have is a script? There doesn't seem to be any evidence of pre-production work - or any kind of creative team in place.
mumamia
GRAMMY Award

Post by mumamia »

Thank you of for your reply I noted he is only 23 he was asking for dd to audition for one of the parts in the script it seams to be supposedly filming in America I sent him a message stating that dd would not be allowed to work in the US and he said you can if it is not connected to a union which it isn't.
I think k he is in cookcoo land we will not be pursuing this aS I think this is more of a pipe dream on his part but he has sent us 6 private messages so far.
Thank you once again for your reply hope you have a very happy Christmas
Mumamia
pg
OSCAR Award

Post by pg »

6 messages? Crumbs. I would be inclined to tell him (firmly) to stop contacting you - and if he doesn't I would let KCCP know so that they can block him.

I agree with you as to his place of residence ;)
aspiringactressx
BRIT Award

Post by aspiringactressx »

He contacted me regarding a new TV pilot. I applied through SN although this is on KCCP too. It caught my eye because it did look quite interesting and the casting call didn't send any alarm bells ringing. I applied and Daniel sent me a message saying I would be 'perfect' for the part and would I like a copy of the script. Well, I immidietly knew then that something was off because how could I be 'perfect' for the part when I haven't even auditioned or met him?

I got a copy of the script through for Echo, the TV pilot, and called my mum to come and look at it straight away as it was appalling. The wording of the script was completely off, the context was just atrocious, there were spelling and grammar mistakes everywhere you looked, everything about it was terrible. I also got my friend who is an established director to take a look, and he agreed that the script was awful. (If anyone wants to see the Echo script I am happy to email it to you.)

I also did some research on the person and checked out his SN profile. Well, on there he states he is an actor with Asperger's syndrome. Great for him, but he had no production credits on there whatsoever. With a little help from google I also found some acting website he was using to look for actors for his latest projects.. A lot of them. On there were posts from actors offering to be in his films, well, he was continually replying about never being able to get funding for his films. As if this isn't enough I have also seen his website DSM productions. My mum honestly thought this man was having a laugh when she read it.

http://dsmproductions.webs.com/history.htm

I won't be contacting Daniel again. Starnow are quite known for not checking their listings, but I'm very surprised this is on KCCP and it makes me a little uncomfortable that teenagers younger than me could be applying without parents checking it over like my mum did. My mum suggested contacting KCCP but this man is promising money on the casting so I'm not sure if he is doing anything technically wrong, what do you think?
pg
OSCAR Award

Post by pg »

I would imagine that he doesn't actually have any money (I could be wrong) so I think that it would be a good thing to contact KCCP and let them know what you have found out. It's quite possible that he hopes to have the money - but doesn't know anything about how difficult it is to raise it. Someone with no production experience is likely to find it very hard to raise money - unless it's from family/friends. It may be that KCCP are not as good as they used to be at checking out credentials.
aspiringactressx
BRIT Award

Thanks pg, I just emailed KCCP and explained what I'd found so hopefully they'll check it out.
kittykatty
BRIT Award

Post by kittykatty »

Daniel also contacted my dd through her kccp profile about the tv pilot and we have had some correspondence which has put us off taking it any further.
I don't doubt he is genuine and really wants to make his tv pilot and show but I think mumamia's comments about him being in cuckoo land and
following a pipe dream just about sums it up. I just think it would be a waste of time.
aspiringactressx
BRIT Award

kittykatty wrote:Daniel also contacted my dd through her kccp profile about the tv pilot and we have had some correspondence which has put us off taking it any further.
I don't doubt he is genuine and really wants to make his tv pilot and show but I think mumamia's comments about him being in cuckoo land and
following a pipe dream just about sums it up. I just think it would be a waste of time.
I agree that he does seem harmless and like he genuinely believes he can make this TV pilot, but yes, definitely in cuckoo land.
aspiringactressx
BRIT Award

Thought I'd mention that after reporting what I found out to Starnow I received an email from them telling me he has been banned from the website, and his listing no longer seems to be on Casting Call Pro. \:D/
jooles
GRAMMY Award

Post by jooles »

dd just received same email via starnow as she is also perfect for the part! I admire his determination ...we will politely decline!
Panda
GRAMMY Award

Post by Panda »

Doesn't seem like Star Now's banning or safeguarding system is very effective does it?
staleydm01
Nominee

Post by staleydm01 »

I would like to draw your attention to this casting on Backstage:
http://www.backstage.com/casting/the-po ... ams-62223/
It looks very genuine and he has continued to cast for his TV pilot on Backstage but I think you have him wrong as he mentions clearly on Backstage, KCCP and StarNow that he has a production company and you to doubt he has no money when he has said he had to pay the director to get him to make his project.
He is working with Ebed Pictures in Alabama, USA to make this project and Joshua Sheik is a guy with a decade or more of experience so I wish you wouldn't call this independent production company fake as he is just about as likely to succeed as any girl who wants to become an actress.
He contacted them because he wanted to find a lead, try applying to the project through Backstage, find Ebed Pictures of Facebook and e-mail them for proof they are working on "The Power of Dreams" with DSM Productions.
The way you say he tells you your perfect for the part, I guess it just means you look like the character or are the right height, personality, he's just being complimentary and if you looks nothing like the character in question I doubt he'd have lied and told you what you wanted to hear.
begolina
BAFTA Award

Post by begolina »

Staleydm01, thanks very much for posting the link and scare all of us off this production. I was reading the synopsis but lost my will to live after the 3rd paragraph. How could anyone really believe that it is possible even to think that this project is possible is beyond me :shock:
bluebelle
Nominee

Post by bluebelle »

Thought this looked familiar - Daniel has sent us 5 messages from Feb 2014 to Feb 2015 offering my dd the role of Olivia in Echo Kyriakos (through StarNow).

My opinion is that Daniel is probably genuine in his intentions and after researching him I wouldn't consider him a worry. Think he's a dreamer but nonetheless has a good imagination :D