DSM Productions

Ask each other for help and advice!

Moderator: busybusybusy

paulears
BAFTA Award

Re: DSM Productions

Post by paulears »

Every single thing here screams "warning Will Robinson". The company has the same name as a well established photography business and he is self-employed as a sole trader. He clearly hasn't thought the plot, as on the backstage site, the synopsis says
She is now graduated high school and is heading to NAU to spend her next four years and gain BTEC's and Degrees.
Er, an American in America on a BTEC?

As somebody who tried to get a visa to work in the US with our band, and failed because the criteria pretty well excluded us, even though we have the requisite number of out of the UK international shows - I find it weird to think that a self-employed producer with no track record could get a work visa for himself, let alone sponsor other UK performers. No way anyone without very tight history gets the ability to work in the States.

Sadly, I've seen two very keen people in a similar position go bust - putting their houses at risk, and for one the possibility of going to prison - for being keen, a bit green and knowing their product would be popular, even when others see a real turkey.

We now have a new member called unbelievably staleydm01, who tells us the production is fine.

If this is the case, then the production company would be a limited company, so that in the case of going bust, the directors would not be personally liable. Somebody who is self-employed would NEVER put his or her own financial future at risk, it's economic stupidity. So our new member would seem to be Daniel talking about himself, as if he is a different person.

I have looked at his Facebook profile, and none of his friends appear to be in the business. I too tried to read the script but the thing is wound up in pointless and unproductive dialogue and to be honest, it's mind numbingly dull. It features none of the usual components of a script - decent story, interesting characters, and plot development. Really sorry, but no way would I put any money into it.

I also have to question how on earth somebody with no evidence of film making ability knows how to shoot this, and even low budget productions cost a fortune, and use people like mad.

Everything about this suggest to me it's a bit like a student project, high on conviction, low on knowledge, and something that the head wants, but the wallet cannot fund. Unless somebody left a huge amount of money, that is in the bank as a bond - I'd go nowhere near this one. Daniel is also known as Daniel Oliveira, if it helps - or at least his twitter account has that name attached.

I find lots of internet activity for all sorts of casting, but no actual results. Most casting directors are DBS checked too, but no mention of this. I'm also confused as to why there is no website - which for somebody in this business, is a little odd?