DS Short Film Came 3rd Never Got A Copy Never Seen It

Ask each other for help and advice!

Moderator: busybusybusy

Irishdancer
OSCAR Award

DS Short Film Came 3rd Never Got A Copy Never Seen It

Post by Irishdancer »

Before Christmas ds did a short film NFS it was the one where he was up a Mountain in Wales in freezing cold for 5 hours no hot drinks no shelter came down very cold was really cross that they could treat him like that. I tied to get a copy but no luck. I just put this into google the national Kodak student commercial competition for the charity Children Of Addicted Parents - COAP it's called Baggage came up with this it came 3rd really cross that after treating ds so badly and filming winning 3rd that he can not even get a copy
https://nfts.co.uk/news/nfts-sweeps-boa ... ial-awards just wondered if any of you are looking through the net and come across it you could send me a link as it would be nice to see it
jooles
GRAMMY Award

Re: DS Short Film Came 3rd Never Got A Copy Never Seen It

Post by jooles »

wow! I am having exactly the same problem, My daughter did the voice over for the kodak comp for COAP and it also came 3rd...interesting...I have pestered the crew and finally got an answer asking for my address to forward a disc but its a no show :x we very rarely do freebies these days but it was a local job and just an hours work, you must be furious!
Irishdancer
OSCAR Award

Post by Irishdancer »

This is a link to some of the shorts hopefully your dd will be in it ds is 2.10 mins in with a red hoddie on carrying a suit case he is the only one in it
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ItNpSwTgGEg&sns=em
jooles
GRAMMY Award

Post by jooles »

Thanks! they're are some great entries and quite a few childrens' faces I recognise! your son coped very well with the cold damp mountainside - a true pro :) daughters voice over is the very last one.
Katymac
OSCAR Award

Post by Katymac »

I thought them all very thought provoking
Irishdancer
OSCAR Award

Post by Irishdancer »

Yes he coped it was freezing cold he was up there for 5 hours no shelter no hot drinks I had brought flasks with me they said they bought one but is broke took it back to shop other one broke nothing to wrap round him to keep worm it was not until I saw this that I saw how high he had to climb with wind roaring around him, ds would not do a student film again because of the way he was treated. Your dd has a nice voice how old is she? Which collage did your dd do this with? Ds did it with NFTS he got paid £65 a day plus train fairs and they put him up in a motel in a survive station for 2 nights very basic, so by the time we bought food and then had to buy a pair of walking boots so ds could go up the mountain as he only brought converses with him so all in all he did not make much out of it. If I had known that it was going to be so cold and wet then would have bought the boots before he started filming then he could have worn them all through the shoot but when he got up the mountain had to change into his converses. Ds is a golfer so put on his body armour under wear which keeps you worm but did not help much he was still freezing
jooles
GRAMMY Award

Post by jooles »

my daughter did the VO for Westminster film school, it's only a 10 minute drive and didn't take long to record so she didn't mind doing a freebie! BUT always a cheek when you don't even get a copy! she's actually just turned 15 but has done 2 radio 4 plays this year playing a 11 and a 13 year old - she has a young voice! x