Running your DC's spotlight Account?

Ask each other for help and advice!

Moderator: busybusybusy

Livy2
GRAMMY Award

Running your DC's spotlight Account?

Post by Livy2 »

Hi,

Is anyone running their own DC's spotlight account? We will be finishing with our agent soon and if we don't get another agent quickly, can I look after my DD's account in the meanwhile? I have emailed Spotlight but not had an answer.

DD has just had some fabulous photos done and I've created a CV and her spotlight entry is up to date (except for new photos). So not sure how to get the photos on to Spotlight (I've only updated the credit entries before now). I expect my agent would do it for me if I asked but need to get the photos on ASAP as DD has got someone offering to forward her CV on to their agent and personal recommendation from someone already well-known would be encouraging, I think?

We also had another Agent asking why DD's photos showed her 'looking about 7 or 8 and not 16' (the truth is that the old photos were just under 2 years old and DD's face hadn't really changed but the new photos are a real improvement) :D

Advice very gratefully received :)
pg
OSCAR Award

Re: Running your DC's spotlight Account?

Post by pg »

I don't think you can look after your child's account on Spotlight without an agency (unlike unrepresented adults) - but the simplest (and most reliable) thing to do would be to email or telephone Spotlight and ask. They are usually fairly prompt at getting back to you. They will have come across just about every question before, I'm sure. :D
Livy2
GRAMMY Award

Post by Livy2 »

Hi PG,

Thanks for your answer, I will chase Spotlight as I emailed them on Monday, I think it was.

DD is 16, 17 in Dec so will Spotlight automatically send me the form for the Young Performers book? as I was browsing through a copy at the photographers and I realised that she shouldn't be in the Children's book any more. I did ask Spotlight in my email but as I think you have lots of experience, you might know the answer too?
michbv
GRAMMY Award

Post by michbv »

Hi,

WhenI have a query I usually phone Spotlight. They are really helpful at any problems or queries you have. I upload my Ds photos on there without a problem. The only one you cant change I think is the main one. If you change agent, then the new one can change the main photo for you. But just check if there is a chance it can be changed when you phone as it is out of date.
Good luck Michbv x
francescasmum
OSCAR Award

Post by francescasmum »

If you are able to add credits then you should be able to add photos. There is a tab at the top of the page (5th tab after credits and agent tabs). if you click on there it tells you to click on a link. You can delete and add photos then. There will be one photo that you can not delete and this will be the one that is in 'the book'. You can choose any for your main photo too.
You wouldn't want the page deleting as it takes for ever to re-do so I would keep the old agents name on until a new one is there to replace it as I think you can not have a child's page without an agent so it would possibly be deleted, I'm not sure about the next age group though - it may be different.
lollypop
GRAMMY Award

Post by lollypop »

Any experts know how to sort the credits into sections for theatre/film/commercials etc - I have seen a profile that had tabs which I thought looked good. Or do CDs really prefer one long list even though the types of work are all jumbled up?
RoseTowers4
GRAMMY Award

Post by RoseTowers4 »

When you are updating go to Credits and click on the purple bit underneath that says 'edit my headings' then you can move across the various things ie. pantomime, tv etc. Sorry not very technical but it should work. :)
francescasmum
OSCAR Award

Post by francescasmum »

I really think it depends on how many credits they have, if they have only a few of each type then I don't think it would be wise to have the headings, however my dd has several credits (far more short films than anything else) and I think it makes it easier to navigate and it immediately obvious to the observer what she is experienced in as there are only headings for those things that she has done (if that makes sense!), so no opera or cruise, however there are one or two headings that I haven't put on as there was only one credit, e.g. ident and rehearsed reading, I put those two things in with others, if she does more of those then I would probably put headings in for them too - but then that might start looking too crowded.
Feel free to take a look at:
http://www.spotlight.com/interactive/cv/3137-7861-0914
Livy2
GRAMMY Award

Post by Livy2 »

Hi,

Had a lovely reply from Spotlight today so getting things sorted (hopefully). DD's page will not be closed, Spotlight will do a "c/f Spotlight" until we get a new agent. Ordering the new photos today - it's so hard when you've got loads to pick through. ;)

I agree it's easier to separate out the credits depending on what they fall into and I didn't realise there were so many options!
Livy2
GRAMMY Award

Post by Livy2 »

Hi,

Well we have been contacting agents and had a little interest so hopefully we will get a new agent. Her current agency like her new photos so much they have offered to keep her but bearing in mind they didn't bother to send anyone to see her in Little Revolution, we are hoping that we can get someone else who will get her more roles. Here's a link to her Spotlight page - do have a look at the new photos and if anyone has any advice, I'd love to hear from you.

http://www.spotlight.com/4415-7861-7256
michbv
GRAMMY Award

Post by michbv »

Thanks for the advice regarding sections for credits. I've just re assembled my sons. :D