Can't Get Scanner Working With New Lap Top

Ask each other for help and advice!

Moderator: busybusybusy

Irishdancer
OSCAR Award

Can't Get Scanner Working With New Lap Top

Post by Irishdancer »

I need to send urgent documents for DS to fly abroad insurance papers, got a new laptop windows 8 can not find the disc. Laptop says that printer is on local some thing, will not print or scan to laptop, can print with iPhone need to get these documents over ASAP any one got any ideas what is going on thanks
bruno2
OSCAR Award

Re: Can't Get Scanner Working With New Lap Top

Post by bruno2 »

I think you have to download the drivers from the internet, not sure though. I know the same thing happened with mine, when I had new pc, and I had the printer disk, but it said the the hp printer was not compatible with windows 8. I can now only scan from my laptop and not my pc . Let me know how you get on and maybe I can try it myself. Good luck . :D
fartoomuchtodo
GRAMMY Award

Post by fartoomuchtodo »

DH is a computer engineer - says Windows 8 should contain most printer drivers unless the scanner is very old? Then you will need to download driver from internet - just Google printer name and model number + driver. You should be able to follow on-screen instructions. Hope that helps :)
Irishdancer
OSCAR Award

Post by Irishdancer »

Thanks just ended up taking a photo with my good camara uploaded those and emailed them