chaperoning - can a relative do it?

Ask each other for help and advice!

Moderator: busybusybusy

Mpesm
BRIT Award

chaperoning - can a relative do it?

Post by Mpesm »

Hi everyone. Can an aunt or grandparent chaperone if the parents are not able to do it? If not, can you get a registered one and should that info have been on the part 2 licence?

Panicking a bit here!
X
Irishdancer
OSCAR Award

Re: chaperoning - can a relative do it?

Post by Irishdancer »

No only parents can Chaperion no grandparents or aunts or uncle can not, it's part 1 who have to say who is Chaperion. I am a regestered Chaperion if it's in London then PM me your agency should have list of Chaperons
Mpesm
BRIT Award

Post by Mpesm »

Thanks Irishdancer we are in London. Just waiting for dates to be confirmed then will have more of an idea but it's for next week possibly.
emlochscams
GRAMMY Award

Post by emlochscams »

My mum got a chaperone licence so that she could chaperone my ds. She's had a whale of a time accompanying him!! Apply through local council but it does take a few weeks
paulears
BAFTA Award

Post by paulears »

There's a clear legal difference between a registered chaperone, and a parent or guardian. Close family members are not automatically guardians in the legal sense, but anyone can become a chaperone if they're willing to jump through the hoops, and can then chaperone anyone!
lotsolaffs
BAFTA Award

Post by lotsolaffs »

I am a chaperone for my daughter's drama club on a voluntary basis I was thinking of doing it on a professional basis but when you look into it properly it is only about 3 hrs training to look after up to 12 kids and everything has to be correctly followed and records kept...I was hoping I'd get the odd free ticket!
tillymintflip
GRAMMY Award

Post by tillymintflip »

I am a licensed chaperone but on 99% of the time when I go no one checks my license or asks who I am they tend to just assume I am mum. I also know parents who have sent a relative in their place who isn't a chaperone and they haven't ever had a problem with it although I know it's technically against the rules. Xxx
Irishdancer
OSCAR Award

Post by Irishdancer »

I have been on set quite a few times and LEA have turned up and asked to see my licence so people do come and check that every thing is being done and that the Chaperion are all licenced
Flosmom
OSCAR Award

Post by Flosmom »

The license holders are required to state the names of chaperones on the license application. These should (of course) be people who are entitled to chaperone.

Our LEA regularly arrives on set to check that productions are proceeding correctly.

As a licensed chaperone, I wouldn't be comfortable turning a blind eye to someone chaperoning who isn't listed on the license application.

Deb x