What happens when your submitted for a Spotlight role?

Ask each other for help and advice!

Moderator: busybusybusy

Jellybabies
GRAMMY Award

What happens when your submitted for a Spotlight role?

Post by Jellybabies »

Hi everyone, just wondering if anyone could answer something I've never known!

When your agent submits you for a role on Spotlight, what gets sent to the Casting Director? Is it your whole Spotlight CV? or Just one photo and your CV?

Thnks!
Irishdancer
OSCAR Award

Re: What happens when your submitted for a Spotlight role?

Post by Irishdancer »

All your CV gets sent with a covering letter from your agent saying why you should get seen. I think that is why some actors get seen, if your agent dose not send a good cover letter then that might be why you don't get seen. Found when ds changed agents he got seen more and got the first 2 dramas he had a casting for. With old agent all he got was adverts. It's the agent who puts you forward and CD who says who gets seen.
pg
OSCAR Award

Post by pg »

My understanding is that the CD will see a small photo (whichever photo the agent has chosen to submit for that job) and a very brief cover note. They may click on every single submission - to open up the whole of the Spotlight profile, view the gallery and any showreel etc - or they may by-pass lots of submissions after a brief glance at the photo and only open up a few. It depends on the job and the CD.

Some agents (for the higher profile jobs) will contact the CDs directly to try to get their clients seen.
Jellybabies
GRAMMY Award

Post by Jellybabies »

thank you for your replies - it makes a lot more sense now! xx