Whether to leave agents??

Ask each other for help and advice!

Moderator: busybusybusy

fizzycandy123
GRAMMY Award

Whether to leave agents??

Post by fizzycandy123 »

Hi everyone Ive been twiddling my thumbs a lot about this,I currently have an agent which gets good reviews and get auditions for a lot of people i know.I know that what works for one person might not work for another.I got with my present agent at 14 so I was at that age,also according to my agent i looked a lot older then others on their books so i obviously understand these factors probably stopped me getting auditions.However after no auditions for 2/3 years and I have been emailing casting directors going to acting classes at sylvia young,and self teaching acting im still not getting anywhere.Im sixteen im not sure whether to renew with my current agent for another year to see if i get any auditions or to change.I have been offered representation bya personal manager although there are no reviews.They seem to represent people who are doing well such as people in EastEnders but also people with no credits too.Im not sure what to make of it.I dont want to leave my agent and end up with one who is not reliable,also i dont want to miss the opportunity and stay with an agent who isnt getting me anything.Also my current agent is a sole representation so I cant go with both.Any advice would be very aprreciated thankyou.xxx
CatKat_0
OSCAR Award

Re: Whether to leave agents??

Post by CatKat_0 »

I think if I were you I'd be looking to change. Don't give notice until you've found someone else though. It's always a tough one, and you might find that even moving to a new agent that you still don't get lots of castings.

Do you get to see a list of things you've been put forward for....? That might help you identify whether it's your current agent not putting you through or perhaps they are but the CDs are not picking you - in that instance you could look at changing your head shots and personal information perhaps, and it could just be that your age range is particularly difficult to cast.

Can you seek support from your parents on this??

I'd also research the agent you think you might like to try as it's not always about being with a big well known agent but more about the service they offer, the numbers they have on their books that might already be like you etc.

Best of luck with it and let us know how you get on xx
fizzycandy123
GRAMMY Award

Post by fizzycandy123 »

Hi Thankyou,

I think they have been suggesting me but I havent got called in or there arn't any casting that I fit the brief for, as my agency gets quite a lot for other people.I would wait for another year but there has been problems with getting my headshots done as the agency requires a certain photographer so I may have to wait for another couple of months to get my headshots redone with my current agency,However the personal manager has no reviews online as it only represents about 30 people although some are actors,musicians dancers and ect.
Last edited by fizzycandy123 on Tue Nov 25, 2014 5:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CatKat_0
OSCAR Award

Post by CatKat_0 »

I've not heard of this guy before but he looks genuine enough and has some amazing people on his books. He also seems to represent more than just children and has a wide range of activities his clients have been in.

If you current agent isn't finding you anything this could offer new opportunities for you,

Best of luck on whichever decision you make xx
fizzycandy123
GRAMMY Award

Post by fizzycandy123 »

Thanks so much.xx
riverdancefan
OSCAR Award

Post by riverdancefan »

Hello Fizzy!

I know of a few teens who are contracted to individuals - individuals with their own management companies rather than "agency" although I suspect it's similar.
They also have lots of very well known faces on their books...

Sometimes having less is more and the people must have built up their own contacts. I clicked on the link and immediately saw little girl I knew, who had worked with my DS on an ident three years previously..
it's a hard decision but maybe worth taking a punt...

good luck

x
"Tall and proud my mother taught me, this is how we dance" - RIVERDANCE
pg
OSCAR Award

Post by pg »

This looks more like a concert promoter than an actors' agency. I would keep looking for an acting agency if I were you.
Irishdancer
OSCAR Award

Post by Irishdancer »

Think the same as PG find a acting agent. It also depends on if you are 16 and out of licence age if you where 16 by end of August 2014 you don't need a licence but if you where 16 in September 2014 or any time till August 2015 you still need a licence. If you are 16 and don't need a licence it's much easier. It's very hard to get in with a adult agency my DS has a very good cv every one said he would have no trouble getting a agent but after sending out over 30 CVs only 3 saw him 1 took him on. It's a very small agency none of the big ones wanted him, he was lucky have no idea how we found them just know he sent his CV at the right time was very luck Adam is the main agent assistant but is starting to take on his own Clint's only has 7 at the moment have a feeling he has been told only to take on a few as is still Christeens assistant. Ds just emailed his CV at the right time, he was giving up thought he was stuck with old agent for ever. Although I know Curtis Brown have taken on people who do not have any proficional credits so you could try the big adult agents, you have a agent lots don't so wile you are looking keep that in mind. I'm sure you will find a new agent but it just takes time like my ds have to be in the right place at the right time. Agency's some times have assistants who are starting to take on there own Clint's so just sent out your CV to every one who looks good then a few months later do the same thing and keep doing it till some one takes you on, it's hard but you have to keep trying. Good luck