Workshops With Casting Directors

Ask each other for help and advice!

Moderator: busybusybusy

fizzycandy123
GRAMMY Award

Workshops With Casting Directors

Post by fizzycandy123 »

Hello, I woundered if anyone could give me some advice, has anyone ever got any work/auditions from a casting director after attending a workshop with them and are workshops really helpful??.xx
esmum
GRAMMY Award

Re: Workshops With Casting Directors

Post by esmum »

Hey Jomist! - was the 3 day course in Marlow last Feb?

If so - E and I were there too. E came home on first day and said children there included those already cast in Matilda/Billy/Lion King. Think a few NAPM's there? We went for the experience... hopefully the feedback we received was genuine and not just to please.

Especially loved the parents discussion without the children there, eye opening and really helpful. Would certainly recommend this CD's 3 Day Course - it was Jo Hawes and was excellent!
Dwafffamily
BAFTA Award

Post by Dwafffamily »

esmum wrote:. hopefully the feedback we received was genuine and not just to please!
I don't see JH as a person who'd say something just to please so I'd take any good feedback as a good thing :D
esmum
GRAMMY Award

Post by esmum »

We are thanks Jomist! :D My now 11 year old is 5 feet so ditto! Was such a good 3 days and reasonably priced too - considering the stage school workshop prices. So wish that there was an NAPM conference where we could all get to meet, have guest speakers (CD's) and performances etc.... :D Sure that this has been discussed before, but would be great nevertheless :D