Charlie & Choc Factory

Ask each other for help and advice!

Moderator: busybusybusy

Livy2
GRAMMY Award

Charlie & Choc Factory

Post by Livy2 »

Hi,

My younger DD's school are going to see Charlie next week (but my DD isn't going as she doesn't want to). She is worried that when the kids come back in the next day, they will bring their programmes in. Can someone tell me if there are any photos specifically of Violet (who turns into a blueberry in the film) in the programme as she finds this frightening but I guess this doesn't happen in the musical. Thank you. if you want to PM me, so not to be 'spoilers' for anyone who hasn't seen the musical yet.
Dogcop
BAFTA Award

Re: Charlie & Choc Factory

Post by Dogcop »

There's not in the programme I have but there could be more than one programme!
puck
BRIT Award

Post by puck »

Livy2 are your dds teachers aware of her fears so that they will be understanding and deal with it appropriately if a situation does arise. When one of my dds was quite young we had a series of bad behaviour problems at school which were finally resolved when the problem was found to be her reluctance to sit where she could see a poster of internal body organs so I completely understand your dds anxiety. Another good idea is to talk through what she should do if the situation she fears does arise so she (and school) is prepared.
Livy2
GRAMMY Award

Post by Livy2 »

Hi Dogcop and Puck,

Thank you for your replies.

The staff at school are generally very good (it's a special needs school), it's just some of the other children like to upset my DD if they can. School are aware of that and accommodate her needs as best they can without making it look like she gets extra attention. Sometimes things happen out of the blue though, thankfully these are happening less as she gets older.
Flosmom
OSCAR Award

Post by Flosmom »

Well done to you for being so supportive and understanding of your DDs concerns. These fears are very real, especially if the DC has a particularly active imagination :shock:

My younger DD had a 'momenr' a few years ago when the older kids in her primary school decided to put pics of the Weeping Angels from Dr Who all over the place. We had several sleepless nights before she calmed down again (and the pictures were removed). And I remember when I was about her age (hundreds of years ago) I got very disturbed by coverage of the Tutankhamun exhibition at (I think) the British Museum. If it helps to reassure your DD that she isn't the only one, feel free to share these story with her.

Deb x
igloobabe
OSCAR Award

Post by igloobabe »

Actually this rings a bell with me as I can still remember being taken to a pantomime as a child where every time someone said, 'I couldn't care less!' they were turned into an animal! I had nightmares for weeks and that was 50 years ago!!!! So can totally sympathise with both your dds! Hopefully the school will control any viewing of programmes in the classroom pretty tightly, so that your dd is not exposed to any unwanted purple blobbies!