KCCP

Ask each other for help and advice!

Moderator: busybusybusy

bethjaneg
BRIT Award

KCCP

Post by bethjaneg »

Just wondered what people's thoughts are in KCCP? I've signed DS up but haven't gone for premium membership? Is it worth it? He has an agent and I know some of their clients are on it as well. Just wondered if he may come across work his agent hasn't submitted him for. There have been a few briefs he has suited recently.

I've not posted before but have followed this site for some time and the advice and info on here is fantastic. So a big hello to all! Thanks in advance.
oscar
GRAMMY Award

Re: KCCP

Post by oscar »

Welcome to the forum. Sorry, it's not something that I am aware of. Sorry I can't help.
Irishdancer
OSCAR Award

Post by Irishdancer »

Ds used to belong did not have to pay as was one of the first to join so got it for fee until he was 18 got some work on there mostly low paid but when he got to 18 had to change to CCP even though he can not play 18 year old. Would advise you to wait till you see some thing you want to apply for then pay for that month then cancel then only pay again if some thing else comes up. It's better now as can change the age range so can go for a few other ages now where as before could only change age it took 24 hours to change trouble was by that time the thing you wanted to apply for could not do so any more as they had a lot of people apply for it. If have a good agent and getting lots of castings best just go to those ds agent only wants him to go to castings through him now. Good luck
bethjaneg
BRIT Award

Post by bethjaneg »

Thanks Oscar for the welcome and Irishdancer for the advice. I keep umming and ahhing about it. Had a quiet few weeks which always makes me think I should be looking for more opportunities for him. Will see how the next few weeks pan out. Thanks again.
WildChild
BRIT Award

Post by WildChild »

My children are on KCCP and have significantly benefited. We got the first job during the free 30 day trial, and get at least one job/mth from it with very little effort. While some of the jobs are low paying like student films, they can be great show reel potential and an agent may be less inclined to put them forward for low/no paid work. We have probably gotten as many jobs (feature films, commercial, and print) on KCCP as with our agent over the past 6 months, but the nice thing about KCCP is that we don't have the agency cut (typically 20-30%). These jobs have boosted their confidence and given them that extra experience which has helped to get a good London Agent and onto Spotlight. I also like being able to go in and change/update their profiles as soon as they do a job - their agent is much slower to update photos etc!

They boast having over 13,000 on their books, but I imagine many of these are not actively applying/have premium membership. It would be interesting to see statistics on how many jobs, how many applicants, and if it was a KCCP child who got the job in the end or not. I do not pay for the year, but monthly. While there iare significant savings by going annual, if you don't get work in the first 2-3 moths, you might want to walk away. It's an investment/gamble and you need to weigh it up.
Good luck!
francescasmum
OSCAR Award

Post by francescasmum »

wow, at least one job a month, that's amazing!
My dd has a free subscription to KCCP. She too has had some lovely work through the site.
bethjaneg
BRIT Award

Post by bethjaneg »

Many thanks for your comments. I think we will go ahead and sign up for the premium membership and see what happens. His profile has had a fair few views but I guess we need to be actively applying for stuff. Thanks again.
bethjaneg
BRIT Award

Post by bethjaneg »

Sorry, me again. I went ahead and signed up and he has been asked to self tape for a short film. I don't want to send it off without checking credentials etc. How do you best go about doing this? It might be me being silly but I have this idea in my head that it could just be someone at home with a video camera! Thanks in advance for any comments.
oscar
GRAMMY Award

Post by oscar »

I would suggest listing this on a separate thread on can you help ?