Tutoring on set for a home schooled DCs

Ask each other for help and advice!

Moderator: busybusybusy

frank2000
BRIT Award

Tutoring on set for a home schooled DCs

Post by frank2000 »

Hi, I just wondered if anyone knew the 'rules' around tutoring on set for home schooled DCS. Are they subject to the same hours as regular schooled DCS i.e 3 hours a day/15 hours per week during term time or are the rules different. It's not a choice I'm making at the moment but I wondered with all the knowledge on this site if someone has experience of this and could share what happens with their home schooled DCs.
Thanks for you help
sophiesocks
OSCAR Award

Re: Tutoring on set for a home schooled DCs

Post by sophiesocks »

I don't know but my children recently came out of school so I'd be interested to know. I imagine the rules apply to all children the same.
francescasmum
OSCAR Award

Re: Tutoring on set for a home schooled DCs

Post by francescasmum »

When my dd was home schooled she still had the mandatory 3 hours a day.
When I taught the SOM tour children there were a mix of educational experiences. One was home schooled several from stage schools, private schools and state schools. they all did the same, though some did not come with any work so I took some 'educational games' and worksheets. One of the kids who went to a stage school protested at having to do academic work on a Friday as he would have been doing 'vocational' lessons if he was at school! Incidentally they did 6 hours 'schooling' on a Friday as Thursday was a travel day so didn't do any school work!