Chaperone work - Uk chaperone service

Ask each other for help and advice!

Moderator: busybusybusy

swanny
GRAMMY Award

Chaperone work - Uk chaperone service

Post by swanny »

Hello fellow Mums. I have just got a renewed chaperone license and would like to try and get some work. I have only ever chaperoned my own children, except for one job a few years ago in the Barbican. How did you get started fining work. Have any of you heard of http://www.ukchaperoneservice.co.uk/ ? it costs £1.99 a month to register.Is it worth it. My council obviously have me on their lists and I have told them I would like work but I am as S in the alphabet so I don't think I am likely to get called via that route. Any ideas would be much appreciated. THX
I'm swanning around trying to get the hang of all this! Thanks for your help!
Irishdancer
OSCAR Award

Re: Chaperone work - Uk chaperone service

Post by Irishdancer »

It's very hard to get Chaperion work would not pay any this for this site I think it's the producer who employs the chaperions. You could go to your local theatre and ask if they need any chaperons or ask your children's agent
fartoomuchtodo
GRAMMY Award

Post by fartoomuchtodo »

My DS's agent is always offering to get me chap work. She often helps out finding chaps for production companies. Have you thought of speaking to your DC's agent? Even if they don't get involved they may have an idea.
lyndahill
BAFTA Award

Post by lyndahill »

Jo Hawes has on her website that she is always looking for licensed chaperones.
swanny
GRAMMY Award

Post by swanny »

Hi Lynda
I wrote to Jo and she has put me on her list, I have also reminded the council, and asked a few drama schools and otehr chaperones who have worked with my child etc. Any other ideas?

Does anyone know of any agencies that find chaperone work? Cheers
I'm swanning around trying to get the hang of all this! Thanks for your help!