Screen test

Ask each other for help and advice!

Moderator: busybusybusy

mum2two
BRIT Award

Screen test

Post by mum2two »

After a 3 hour audition my son now has a 3 hour screen test booked in, is this normal to last so long???
missmoneypenny
BAFTA Award

Re: Screen test

Post by missmoneypenny »

Is this for a film role or an agency? Sounds like a long audition!
mum2two
BRIT Award

Post by mum2two »

A film x
x_sugarplumfairy_x
GRAMMY Award

Post by x_sugarplumfairy_x »

Wow how exciting!! Thats sounding really positive! Will keep my fingers crossed for you!! Film castings tend to be much longer than tv/tvc but that sounds really long- is it for a lead role? Xx
mum2two
BRIT Award

Post by mum2two »

3 day not 3 hour!
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

That is not unusual for a major role. They will test hair and makeup, costume, and possibly chemistry between actors and also a range of emotions. If a studio is going to take a gamble on someone they will want to test first. One of my DS was flown to Bulgaria for a week for a screen test. To be fair it was pretty much a done deal unless he blew it at that point. Sometimes its done because a studio and director cant agree so they test a couple of people to be absolutely sure they pick the right person for the project.

Fingers crossed it all sound very exciting. If you want to ask me more about these situation feel free to PM me.
Hope Never Dies....
mum2two
BRIT Award

Post by mum2two »

It turns out the screen test is for the equipment and not him and so he has the job this week of screen test stuntman. Pretty cool for an 11 yr old boy!