Doctor's letter

Ask each other for help and advice!

Moderator: busybusybusy

esmum
GRAMMY Award

Re: Doctor's letter

Post by esmum »

Your practice is 'Bonkers!' - hope you get a supportive Surgery next time :D Such jobsworths! to send you a letter, rather than just sign. Good luck x
Dwafffamily
BAFTA Award

Post by Dwafffamily »

RoseTowers4 wrote:I haven't been given all the details yet but have been advised to get the letter asap. I think I'll have a look on their website and see what it says about a 'fit to work' letter. It sounds better than me saying ds needs it to prove that he's fit to travel.

I've asked a doctor to sign a letter in the past during an appointment and bless her, she did it straightaway, but she's left now. I've been trying to go through the official channels and keep very calm and reasonable, but feel I'm been fobbed off. I get the impression that the staff are too scared to press the doctors left!

I will have to look at taking ds privately to get it done if they still refuse after tomorrow, but since these letters only last six months, it could get very expensive. I might look at moving to a more helpful health centre but suspect that in our area, it may be difficult.

Thank you for your replies. It helps to read other people's experiences and points of view. It's beginning to feel like it's another postcode lottery, similar to licences. :roll:
A fit to work would not normally suffice for abroad licensing. I have always been told it needs to include "fit to fly and work abroad for performance related work". I'd hate for you to then miss out with a letter they're already being difficult with supplying for the courts to then throw it out.
Might have changed but I just thought it something worth mentioning.
missmoneypenny
BAFTA Award

Post by missmoneypenny »

I can email you a copy of the letter we have just used to get GP letter to work abroad. It is different to a 'Fit To Work' but that is the label our GP surgery gave to the request, for simplicity I think. Best to get it covered for everything I think. Seems so unfair that there is yet another area of licensing that is controlled by where you live and what services you have :(
RoseTowers4
GRAMMY Award

Post by RoseTowers4 »

Thank you so much dwafffamily. I really appreciate that . I shall send you my email missmineypenny.

Registered at the new health centre this morning . They said it'll be up to a week to transfer, maybe less and a couple of days to get form signed.
emily'smum
BRIT Award

Post by emily'smum »

Hope you get it all sorted now RoseTowers. And well done to your DS \:D/

Can't wait to hear all about it!!