Accommodation near arts ed

Ask each other for help and advice!

Moderator: busybusybusy

Kerrymarks
Nominee

Accommodation near arts ed

Post by Kerrymarks »

Hi I am new to this forum , my daughter has been offered a place at Arts Ed 6th form but as we live in Norfolk she will need to board somewhere near by and I have no idea where to start searching , I had wrongly presumed they would supply a list of recommended accommodation ,any advice would be greatly received
Thanks
oscar
GRAMMY Award

Re: Accommodation near arts ed

Post by oscar »

Usually the students pass their accommodation on to the following years. There is usually a face book group / chat room . The school is pretty responsive and usually provides a list once a place is accepted for the BA so presumed they would do it for 6th form.
arianadrama
BRIT Award

Re: Accommodation near arts ed

Post by arianadrama »

Hi Kerrymarks - my son has just accepted an offer from ArtsEd sixth form too and will need to find weekly accommodation near(ish) the school as we live too far away to commute daily from the South Coast. Apparently the school gets everyone together at the July induction day who need accommodation and the kids/parents can then get-together via social media to sort them out. I do know sixth formers in the past who have shared a flat but Im not sure my DS would be able to cope with that at 16 and we presume that he will end up in B&B type accommodation hopefully in a house where there is as least one other Arts Ed sixth former - in a weekly border type arrangement. It seems a long time to wait until July but then I guess other students aren't moving on until then. The uncertainty is a bit worrying! If you find out anything more please pass on any top tips!