Spotlight Profile

Ask each other for help and advice!

Moderator: busybusybusy

Littlepickle
Nominee

Spotlight Profile

Post by Littlepickle »

I have just checked my DS's Spotlight page and his agency have only submitted 1 photo to his profile. We had the photos done via the agency and they are all headshots but with different expressions- smiling, laughing, serious etc. Do I need to update upload the rest of his shots or is the 1 photo enough because they are similar?

Also I noticed that some of the details were incorrect such as his age being 4 when he is 5yr 6mth. I'm wondering if this could have potentially limited what he has been submitted for the last 6mths or does a CD take the information sent by the Agency as correct?

Thanks in advance :)
ACookie
GRAMMY Award

Re: Spotlight Profile

Post by ACookie »

If you have access to the profile I would amend the details so that they are correct and question why your agency hasn't - unless they have an understanding that parents will update. As long as they are professional headshots you can add more yourself.
Littlepickle
Nominee

Post by Littlepickle »

No there is no agreement for parents to update. I only asked them for the pin because I read on this forum you could request it. So I'm right in thinking this is quite a significant oversight? I'm thinking he may have been submitted for age 5+ parts but on seeing his Spotlight page and it saying he is 4 they could have potentially dismissed his submission. Or would they more likely go with the info the agency have submitted? I know it's all what if's but if it is a possibility then I'm not happy.
ACookie
GRAMMY Award

Post by ACookie »

I'm guessing date of birth must be wrong though as I believe it updates specific age on it's own.
I can't comment on whether it could have cost potential auditions, but generally they would be looking for a playing age rather than actual, and as a child the only age that seems to make a big difference is when they reach 9 yrs old as they are able to work for more hours.
Irishdancer
OSCAR Award

Post by Irishdancer »

It might be agent has put him up for a part to play younger so changed his age and when some thing else come up for over 5 they will change his age back this means they can put him up for a wider range of ages hope that helps
Littlepickle
Nominee

Post by Littlepickle »

Ok, thanks for the advice. I've added some photos and his CV not states playing age under 8. Hopefully, he will get some castings as we've not had much.