kccp

Ask each other for help and advice!

Moderator: busybusybusy

x_sugarplumfairy_x
GRAMMY Award

kccp

Post by x_sugarplumfairy_x »

hiiii just wondering what everyone thought about kccp? our free trial has just expired and trying to decide if its worth paying for the year membership or not- has anyone had any work from it?
Also i was totally stuck what to write in the "cover letter" when applying for jobs- what kind of thing do you include?
tia xx
lyndahill
BAFTA Award

Re: kccp

Post by lyndahill »

I only sign up to the Premium part of the site when I see something that would suit my DD, she's 15 now so not much on there for her age. It works out more expensive doing it monthly but you cancel at any time and your access continues until one month after the date you paid. Quite often there is nothing on there for months to suit - I have also seen jobs and then asked my DD's agent to investigate and so far so good doing that. :)
x_sugarplumfairy_x
GRAMMY Award

:') fab idea!! hadnt thought of doing that! i know alot of the better paid ones usually do end up on spotlight too so was a bit undecided. I'm more than happy to do lower paid/expenses only student films etc to build up experience but the only downside for me is we're based in the north and so far on kccp iv seem very little northern work come up. So im very undecided especially since the price has gone up so much since they started up! its now more expensive than spotlight at £120 a year once VAT added on! i keep hoping to find a discount code but so far no joy! it is tempting when you see a job they would suit though! x
francescasmum
OSCAR Award

Post by francescasmum »

DD was one of the first to subscribe, it came free when she joined an agency so we don't have to pay. We are also from the north and I'm not sure that I would pay if it wasnt free because as you say there are very few northern jobs. Dd is 14 now and as Lyndahill said there's not a lot on there for that age. It probably depends on how old you DC is. it was excellent when she was younger, dd has had quiet a few jobs through them , some north, some south - so if you are willing to travel and dc is not a teenager then I would go with Lyndahills suggestion.
We are having the same thoughts with Starnow.
x_sugarplumfairy_x
GRAMMY Award

my DD is 8 :) we are willing to travel if costs are covered but only problem iv noticed with alot of them is that theyr often student films and no expenses included or so low paid it doesnt even cover travel. I dont mind her doing low paid at all as all good experience if they are local but because alot are london based we'd end up out of pocket but then i have also seen a couple of good bigger jobs come up so makes me tempted to join- wish i was lucky enough to join back when it was free! the price has gone up loads iv noticed. Iv not seen much on starnow lately at all - alot seems to be just pageants or photographers being advertised etc x
x_sugarplumfairy_x
GRAMMY Award

Also what do you write in the cover letter when you apply for castings through kccp? i never know what to write :') x