Does anybody live in/know Liverpool?

Ask each other for help and advice!

Moderator: busybusybusy

fartoomuchtodo
GRAMMY Award

Does anybody live in/know Liverpool?

Post by fartoomuchtodo »

Having to move to Liverpool temporarily as DS has a place at LIPA 6th form. He's too young to be on his own completely and we are lucky enough to have a bit of spare cash to buy a small place there. Two of the girls he met at audition are also interested in sharing which will help.

If anyone can give me advice on areas I'd be grateful. We don't need hugely quiet, suburban areas and I'd like them to be able to get to LIPA in 10 mins (by bus or train). The advice I've got so far has been to look at Sefton Park, Woolton & Crosby - all lovely but we just can't afford them! What I really need to know is how bad are places like Toxteth now? What's Wavertree like? How about West Derby or Old Swan? All I can find online are people being really quite rude (putting it mildly :oops: ) about 'scallies' :) We've looked 'over the water' in Birkenhead and Wallasey but it seem a bit far away - especially if they will be coming back late at night after performances etc. Any advice gratefully received!

If it helps we have about £110k and need at least 3 beds.
Katymac
OSCAR Award

Re: Does anybody live in/know Liverpool?

Post by Katymac »

I moved away years ago but Aigburth is quite nice, as are some parts of Smithdown Road, Allerton is stil sort after I think

Childwall might be too expensive still & I wouldn't go over the water as travelling back at night on public transport was always sporadic

Edge lane can be nice & look along the train line starting with St Micheals (They used to be very regiular no idea now) or near south parkway

& maybe ask on Mumsnet for more up to date views
lotsolaffs
BAFTA Award

Post by lotsolaffs »

I only know Liverpool from a 4 day visit over New Year's Eve but I loved it,everyone seemed so nice and friendly. Sorry not much help with areas. I didn't see much out of central Liverpool other than where The Beatles used to live! Also coming from Euston, London a group ticket on Virgin trains was £108 return for 5 of us.Might be handy to know! ( Child in a group went up to the age of 17)
Ciara.thomson
Nominee

Post by Ciara.thomson »

Hiya

I lived in Liverpool for a couple of years and My sister is still there so happy to help if I can! Toxteth really isnt very nice and would avoid if possible along with skelmsdale if looking further afield. Crosby is very expensive and apparently where all the footballers live.

Wavertree isnt too bad and would be a good place to look as isnt too far from town but is still a good hours walk but good buses etc and cheap taxis and around the sefton park area is good.

Fairfield/Kensington/ Old swan have good and bads parts and is really about going to the area and seeing where the house is.

I know alot of kids at performing colleges or uni also sometimes live a bit further in Maghull and Ormskirk which are lovely towns and ormskirk has a big univeristy so lots going on. 25 mintues on train and 20 to drive. Taxi's up north are super cheap and students often share taxis from Ormskirk into Liverpool etc and pay about a couple of pounds each.
Dance Workshops Watford offer monthly workshops for intermediate/advanced dancers.

https://www.facebook.com/danceworkshopswatford/