Pianist to record a backing track needed

Ask each other for help and advice!

Moderator: busybusybusy

tikto
GRAMMY Award

Pianist to record a backing track needed

Post by tikto »

Hi, my dd would like to record a song which doesn't have a backing track available. We bought the sheet music but are having a hard time to find someone to record it for her to use. Does anyone on here know of a pianist who could play it and record it in MP3 for a small fee? Thanks
mouskouri41
GRAMMY Award

Re: Pianist to record a backing track needed

Post by mouskouri41 »

Try Auburn Jam music x
swanny
GRAMMY Award

Post by swanny »

If you send me details I can ask our piano teacher tonight- she is a professor at Goldsmiths - She may do it if she has time or one of her students for you Send me the details and the amount you have to pay- I can only ask
I'm swanning around trying to get the hang of all this! Thanks for your help!
paulears
BAFTA Award

Post by paulears »

Yes - if you draw a blank, PM me and I can pass on details of an excellent pianist.

What is the track? One of us might already have it?
x_sugarplumfairy_x
GRAMMY Award

Post by x_sugarplumfairy_x »

ohhh following! i also have the same problem!cant seem to find the backing track anywhere! xx
paulears
BAFTA Award

Post by paulears »

Going slightly Off topic - but do keep in mind that the result of tracks created from some sheet music is actually dire - not the pianist's fault, but the transcriptions are simply awful. The current trend for popular songs to have never featured a piano on the original, but perhaps guitar, or synthesised backing means that the piano version can be really, really bad. I heard recently a piano version of an Ed Shearan song, and whoever produced it should have been shot. It sounded so awful that everyone in the room was listening to the pianist trying to make a piano sound like a guitar, badly - and I don't think any of us was really even listening to the fella singing. He didn't get the job.