Stage Box Elite

Ask each other for help and advice!

Moderator: busybusybusy

swanny
GRAMMY Award

Stage Box Elite

Post by swanny »

Has anyone heard of this/ done this with their DS or DD? Thanks
I'm swanning around trying to get the hang of all this! Thanks for your help!
gingerbam
GRAMMY Award

Re: Stage Box Elite

Post by gingerbam »

My daughter has auditioned a couple of times.... she made it to recalls but never further. They did not give feedback so Im not sure if her dance skills let her down, she is not the most flexible of children, she had great fun going to the auditions if you can afford it I would say do it.
Tobemory
BRIT Award

Post by Tobemory »

My ds did last year. There were hundreds there. They learnt a song and dance then watched each other sing the song and then did group dance. Essentially you are paying for your child to be auditioned. We got lovely feedback afterwards but my ds did not have the very high standard of dance required. They gave good advice about what grades and dance types he should focus on. I hear that the training and opportunities are really good for those who do join the team.
Bbzoom
BRIT Award

Post by Bbzoom »

There was a thread about this last time they held auditions which you might be able to find. My DD is in the Elite Team. She loves it. In my opinion there is nothing even remotely comparable near us. It is expensive, but my DD has already had opportunities and successes that I would not have thought possible a year ago, given her age and where we live. I would definitely recommend.
x_sugarplumfairy_x
GRAMMY Award

Post by x_sugarplumfairy_x »

ohhh following! i was looking into this for my daughter as i know the auditions are coming up soon but i was put off by the audition fee and wasnt sure if it was genuine as i didnt know anyone with them so definetly useful to know they are :) xx
swanny
GRAMMY Award

Post by swanny »

Thanks for all the responses. Just trying to gauge if this is beneficial to a child already performing in the west end?
I'm swanning around trying to get the hang of all this! Thanks for your help!
FredaBloggs
GRAMMY Award

Post by FredaBloggs »

I know a couple of children who have been in WE shows who were with Stagebox Elite previously and thought it was very good.

If you are within striking distance of London I can recommend Spirit Young Performers Company. Unlike Stagebox who only run workshops in the holidays, Spirit runs classes through term time. Very high standard of training, caters well to children who have been/are in WE productions.
x_sugarplumfairy_x
GRAMMY Award

Post by x_sugarplumfairy_x »

gingerbam wrote:My daughter has auditioned a couple of times.... she made it to recalls but never further. They did not give feedback so Im not sure if her dance skills let her down, she is not the most flexible of children, she had great fun going to the auditions if you can afford it I would say do it.
Hi do you pay again for the recalls? or is it a one off audition fee? xx
gingerbam
GRAMMY Award

Post by gingerbam »

Recalls were done same day. Not sure if they have changed, they are quite responsive to messenger.