How does spotlight work when you on spotlight adults?

Ask each other for help and advice!

Moderator: busybusybusy

AlexHL
GRAMMY Award

How does spotlight work when you on spotlight adults?

Post by AlexHL »

Hi everyone just have a quick question about how spotlight works- I have searched this forum but still am not too sure!

I recently joined Spotlight Adults this year after previously being a Young Performer. For a while whilst on Spotlight adults I did not have an agent, so was submitting myself for roles that were suitable on the spotlight feed.

I have recently signed with an agency, however I can still see the Feed of jobs advertised, something I couldn't do with my previous agent when I was a young performer. Am I now still meant to check the Feed, and ask my agent whenever I see a suitable role? Or do I just assume they will have already submitted me for any roles on the Feed that I am suitable for?

Sorry, this is all new to me, as this was not an option to previously consider when I was a Young performer! thanks ever so much :)
pg
OSCAR Award

Re: How does spotlight work when you on spotlight adults?

Post by pg »

Have a chat with your agent about how you should approach this.

Some agents are happy for their clients to prompt them to apply (there's even a "nudge" button which some agents are happy for their clients to use - though if you can't see it, it probably means your agent doesn't want this).

I generally assume my agent will have submitted me for anything suitable (It's in their best interest to do so) - but if I'm in any doubt, for example if it's a paid student film I like the look of, but I'd previously told them I wasn't interested in student films, then I would email them.

It's very much depends upon how you and your agent agree it will work best.

Your agent will also see many more jobs than you do. Only a small proportion of jobs going out on "general" release.
AlexHL
GRAMMY Award

Re: How does spotlight work when you on spotlight adults?

Post by AlexHL »

ah okay, that makes sense, thanks ever so much pg!! I will have a chat with my agent about how best to approach things! :)