Tutor/School issue

Ask each other for help and advice!

Moderator: busybusybusy

Littlepickle
Nominee

Tutor/School issue

Post by Littlepickle »

My DS has had approx 1:5 days off school since Jan to attend castings where I just couldn't get a later time and we missed the afternoon mark. This was at the beginning of our time with the agency (and I didn't realise how busy it could get!). In addition we have had 2:5 days off to do actual jobs and provided the school with the performance licence so he could receive his 'authorised absence' mark. I have also had the head teacher to write a further 3 letters for pencilled jobs that eventually snapped. Last time I asked for one of these letters they expressed concern because they were worried about how much time DS was off. They said for future jobs if the production had a tutor then that would be fine because it is considered educated off site and it does not effect the attendance at all.

Fast forward a month and my son has been booked for 3 days filming over a 4wk period (dates not yet set) but could include a day or 2 before school holidays. My question is, how would the school know if DS had a tutor on set? Does the production need to provide something to the LEA who then confirm with the school? Or is it simply a case of me telling the school that there will be one provided? (Obviously hoping for the latter O:) ).

(I should mention that DS is doing really well in school and above average in reading and maths sets. Just mentioning this because I don't see this as a reason for the school to refuse).
ScoobyDoo
GRAMMY Award

Re: Tutor/School issue

Post by ScoobyDoo »

I am not sure about the tutor thing, but in the past I have asked them to give me the work that they would be doing and I have done it with my DS and handed it in upon return. We found this worked really well, but I guess that would not help with the absence issue.