Asking your agent to submit you?

Ask each other for help and advice!

Moderator: busybusybusy

Jellybabies
GRAMMY Award

Asking your agent to submit you?

Post by Jellybabies »

Hello,
Would love some advice! I've seen a job on Spotlight that I would really love to be considered for - I think I would be a very good fit for the role, and obviously I know it is hard to judge yourself but I think I would be really well suited!

Is it acceptable to contact my agent and ask to be submitted for this role, or would this sound a bit rude as if I am accusing them of not doing their job? I know in general you are supposed to assume you have been submitted for everything you are suitable for, but I have not seen anything I feel I would be this well suited to before! Therefore I would love to just check with them whether I have been.

Would love advice on what other people do as the last thing I would want to is great a bad relationship with my agent! Thanks!
bethjaneg
BRIT Award

Re: Asking your agent to submit you?

Post by bethjaneg »

I’ve done this on my son’s behalf once. Said I’d seen it and asked if he’d been submitted and if not is there any chance he could be? Turned out he had been submitted and not seen but with a gentle push they did see him
In the end.

Maybe ask if you’ve been submitted and if not, if you could be as you feel you are right for it?
x_sugarplumfairy_x
GRAMMY Award

Post by x_sugarplumfairy_x »

They more than likely will have submitted you as its in their interest to if you fit the brief. However I dont see any harm in sending a quick message to make them aware if its specific skills you feel you match, then even if they have already submitted they could add additional details to the notes. x
mum2two
BRIT Award

Post by mum2two »

how do you see jobs on Spotlight as a parent? i thought i only had access to my sons CV?
bareena1
Nominee

Post by bareena1 »

yeah how did you see jobs? thanks
Jellybabies
GRAMMY Award

Post by Jellybabies »

thank you very much for you advice, will send an email tomorrow!
bareena- I'm on Spotlight adults now so i think thats why!
HollyK
BRIT Award

Post by HollyK »

What was the answer? How do u view as a parent?
HollyK
BRIT Award

Post by HollyK »

What was the answer? How do u view as a parent?
ScoobyDoo
GRAMMY Award

Post by ScoobyDoo »

Holly K you cannot view as a parent, the only reason Jellybabies can see is that he/she is on Spotlight adults and adults can see what is available (and the postings are general and include all adult/child jobs as they are quite often looking for both on the same job posting i.e. parent and child). Child actors (and their parents) cannot see Spotlight submissions, only the agent can.
HollyK
BRIT Award

Post by HollyK »