Help finding a monologue

Ask each other for help and advice!

Moderator: busybusybusy

rhubarb
Nominee

Help finding a monologue

Post by rhubarb »

I need a 90 sec monologue but am struggling to find anything I like which is acceptable for a young adult/teen female but not cheesy. I was thinking one where the character seems confident and in control, but actually they're not. I've had some ideas and would love to find something like this:

A character who commits small crime like petty theft or trespassing etc. for the thrill rather than just financial gain. Perhaps they're telling a friend how exciting it is but maybe there's a twist where they reveal they regret it. Does this sound familiar to anyone?

Alternatives:
Interrogation e.g. "it wasn't me", money-related, winning the lottery, confrontational, kitchen sink style, working class, northern (optional)

It may be ridiculous to expect the ideas I have in my head to exist but it's worth a try. Open to other suggestions - must be a published monologue.

Thanks
als17
BRIT Award

Re: Help finding a monologue

Post by als17 »

The Gut Girls (character Annie) is a good one, my DD won a place at East 15 with it. You will find it online
Harrypottermouse
Nominee

Re: Help finding a monologue

Post by Harrypottermouse »

Long time after the fact, sorry just learning the ropes. But to answwthe mono question my daughter has had great success with Hood. At this moment too it's very en pointe with topic of food scavenging and homelessness and caring for younger siblings. If you want to message me I have footage of an early rendition she did of it for a showcase... Still made some cry x