Accommodation performers college...getting desperate!

Ask each other for help and advice!

Moderator: busybusybusy

gillp
Nominee

Accommodation performers college...getting desperate!

Post by gillp »

Hi,
Having no luck at all securing accommodation for 3 students who all want to share at performers college. Does anyone have any tips (I have rung round the list to no avail). No letting agents seem to have any properties either. Anyone had any luck with a particular agent or any idea what else we could try ? We are constantly checking spare room. They have a car between them so can travel and if worst comes to worst they would need to commute every day but with the Dartford tunnel to negotiate and the 8am start this is not ideal.
Thin advance for any advice.
zodlebud
BRIT Award

Re: Accommodation performers college...getting desperate!

Post by zodlebud »

Are you only looking at student accommodation or short term rents?

My sister ended up taking a 10 month contract on a house with her friends whilst at dance college. She still had to pay during the holidays of course but they had an option to renew it each year and pay a small retainer for July / August. The landlord was happy to do this as it meant his property was occupied for 30 months out of 36 with great tenants (three year course).

It was unfurnished though. They did an IKEA shop and got it all delivered. They each had their own chair instead of a sofa in the living room. Cost about £250 to kit them out with bed, clothes rail, chest of drawers and chair.

Finding single rooms was no problem. Finding four rooms in the same place was impossible. This was the only way they could make it work.
gillp
Nominee

Post by gillp »

Thank You, sorry just seen the reply.

looking at all rentals so letting agents too as well as spareroom.com etc. letting agents have nothing. It seems that there is a bigger intake this year at performers college but not enough accommodation to go round which is a shame, it's so out of the way. Wishing she had stuck with Urdang now which she could have travelled to daily :cry: Thanks for your advice.
beanie-bean
GRAMMY Award

Post by beanie-bean »

Hi Gillp,
Have you tried looking at South Benfleet? It's around 7 miles away from Performers College and takes a while by public transport but if they have a car its really quick. It takes my DD 15 minutes to drive in the morning and 30 coming home due to traffic. It might open your options a bit more.
My DD has just finished her 1st year at Performers so please pm if you have any questions Xxx
Katymac
OSCAR Award

Post by Katymac »

There are a couple of whole houses on spare rooms today - not sure where they are in corringham but.....