Other forums

Ask each other for help and advice!

Moderator: busybusybusy

Knic
BRIT Award

Other forums

Post by Knic »

Hi all, I am just wondering if there are any other forums/websites similar to namp?
faffy33
Nominee

Re: Other forums

Post by faffy33 »

I was wondering the same, as there seem to be very little information/input on auditions and call backs lately. I only ever really see anything about musical theatre, which is not something dd goes for.
ACookie
GRAMMY Award

Post by ACookie »

I think so many casting teams ask you not to discuss auditions and we have had to sign non disclosure documents as well recently. It becomes difficult for people to share. There also haven't been many open auditions for major film/theatre other than MT recently and so not the number of people involved in the processes.
Pandora II
GRAMMY Award

Post by Pandora II »

Most auditions are via agents and are closed.

Having spent over a year last year with DD not having an agent the only things you can really access are MT.

Even with those, as soon as you get towards final rounds there are strict instructions not to discuss on social media, and if you are cast then there is a ban on telling anyone until they open.

This is pretty much the only forum where you can meet other parents in the same boat, I couldn't have done without it. Thanks to info from people here, I've not only learnt the audition ropes, but also found a great agent and a new training school for DD.