Pay question

Ask each other for help and advice!

Moderator: busybusybusy

Knic
BRIT Award

Pay question

Post by Knic »

Hi, I am quite a new mum to this and have a question about pay time scales.

My dd did a job nearly 3 weeks ago, it was like a commercial/toy review unboxing. In general how does being paid work?

Do we wait till after the footage has been used or should she be paid for her work earlier. Dd is with an agency so guessing it may take longer as there’s a third party involved.
Shenks
Nominee

Re: Pay question

Post by Shenks »

Based on a bit of experience with ads there are generally two types of payment to expect.
You should expect the shooting fees and any other associated pay under the contract (wardrobe, travel days etc) to be paid around four-six weeks after the job. The Agency should be sending an invoice out for this once the job is complete, typically with 30 day payment terms. The Agency are then are paid, deduct their commission and VAT and then send through the payment to your child's nominated account.
The second payment due will be for the buy outs, which will be paid by the Ad agency once the advert is airing on the various platforms that will be described in your contract. Again this will be via your agent. This can be a number of months after the work is done, especially if the work was overseas.
Knic
BRIT Award

Re: Pay question

Post by Knic »

Thank you for your reply, that makes sense. Though this wasn’t done with any contract and put through as expenses. As it was a longer shoot thinking it will be going on their website or YouTube and not tv. I guess it’s only been 3 weeks, which seems like a lot but not really with the time scales indicated. Thank you again for your reply.