what to wear to an audition?

Ask each other for help and advice!

Moderator: busybusybusy

Paggle
GRAMMY Award

what to wear to an audition?

Post by Paggle »

Hi :)
I have got an audition with an agency on the 1st of may, but I have no idea what to wear! Can anyone help?
pg
OSCAR Award

Re: what to wear to an audition?

Post by pg »

Hi Paggle

Good luck for your audition! Try not to worry too much about what you're wearing (easy to say!). You don't need to be super smart - aim for neatish/not too fussy. Aim for something you a) feel comfortable in b) accurately reflects the age you are c) doesn't reveal any distracting bits of your anatomy when you move around/ lean forward d) is clean and reasonably neat .

So a pair of jeans and a top is fine if that's what you usually wear, as long as the jeans don't have loads of holes/rips in them or need hanging on to and hitching up every time you get up and move!

The most important thing is you - not what you're wearing. What you want to avoid is reactions like:
"Crumbs, far too much make-up"
"I wish I couldn't see his/her underwear/bottom"
"That's a heck of a lot of chest on show"
"How on earth can she (he?) walk in those heels?
"Why is she (he?!?) dressed like my mother?"

On the whole, when I interview people, I don't often notice what they are wearing because I'm concentrating on them. If I do it's usually for the wrong reasons!
Paggle
GRAMMY Award

Re: what to wear to an audition?

Post by Paggle »

Thanks pg!
I realised after I posted this that I had already asked this one before, when I went for the KETV History Boy audition :) I got the part of Taz, the one that I went for, so I guess I did something right, but I guess when I posted I had a bit of a worrying moment :L
Thanks again
x