The Casting Link

Ask each other for help and advice!

Moderator: busybusybusy

Irishdancer
OSCAR Award

The Casting Link

Post by Irishdancer »

I joined The Casting Link on facebook they seemed ok wondered where the adverts for auditions came from looks like spotlight put on sons link to his show reel they had a link on there which looks like Casting Link is run by new agents some of the things I put ds up for he got auditions but think that it was agent not through me putting ds on casting link. Put ds showreel on there but deleted it the link to his showreel but see it is still on there showreel page can not delete links to his spotlight link on there. Feel that they are trying to get clints on there books as on there web site they have only 1 child very few a adults so http://www.actorsdirectassociates.net/? ... omy/term/4 . Have a feeling they are trying to make themselfs look better by sending in all these cvs as they seem to only have 1 child there site, also the breafs do not give all the info as when we got the breafs from agent it had dif info on it The Casting Link only put say child boy 11 - 13 do not give more info like must be small and have blue eyes and brown hair. Just wondered if any one feels like me this is a scam
sapphire
OSCAR Award

Re: The Casting Link

Post by sapphire »

We don't have an agent (yet) and DD has submitted her CV for a few things but we have never heard anything back ... not sure what to make of it to be honest. At least you don't have to pay to submit ...
Golightly
BRIT Award

Post by Golightly »

I don't think it's connected to that agency Irishdancer, it's connected to this one http://www.davidrossacting.com/index.php
My guess is that they are planning to set up a website like Rob Earnshaws and are drumming up interest....
The Casting Link website is in early development and should be available early next year. It promises to revolutionise how UK artists market themselves.
tikka
GRAMMY Award

Post by tikka »

I think you are right, Golightly, that's definitely the same headshot on both sites. I have sent in ds' link to several of the casting link ads and heard nothing back - I think its most probably a waste of time and nothing will come of it. Reminds me of the other casting website where they are always advertising loads of castings and you can go on a workshop with them before spending a fair bit to join their site so you can apply for the jobs, they too are on Facebook!
Irishdancer
OSCAR Award

Post by Irishdancer »

I posted on TCL wall last night that I wanted my sons showreel taken off there site post not there now, sons showreel still on there web site. so how do I get them to delete it hope some one has a sagestion as I dont want it on there
sapphire
OSCAR Award

Post by sapphire »

There is an e-mail address you could try: thecastinglink@gmail.com
Irishdancer
OSCAR Award

Post by Irishdancer »

Thanks will try that
Irishdancer
OSCAR Award

Post by Irishdancer »

Emailed them have not got a reply as yet show reel still on there
Irishdancer
OSCAR Award

Post by Irishdancer »

They never answered my email ds showreel still on there web site so every one be carefull any thing u put on there will not be taken off. Has any one got any idea how to get them to take my ds showreel off the site am really cross dont want him to be associated with this web site he has a lot of experance and dont want any one to think it is any thing to do with these people.
threecees
BRIT Award

Post by threecees »

Last edited by threecees on Wed May 02, 2018 8:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Irishdancer
OSCAR Award

Post by Irishdancer »

Thanks had a look its gone. I dont know what to make of it but as I am not sure what they are doing dont want people to go on there and see ds showreel as he has done a lot they might think well if hew is on there it must be ok. I only joined because IO thought it was something like Kids Casting Pro I no the casting are from Sp;otlight breafs bugt do not have all the details on them and have heard they put them on the day after Spotlight have put them out. Ds is with a great Agency and I n o he is put up for every thing that they think he is sutable for it was nice to see what is on Spotlight but have no idea what they are doing but when u put a link on there or write any thing can n ot delete it which is very worrying as most forums let u edit or delet things. We all some times give out info that we wish we had not but on TCL it can not be deleted so like I said be very carefull what u put on there.