The Hunger Games book 3; Mockingjay

A place where you can review Books.

Moderator: busybusybusy

Hecouldshine
OSCAR Award

The Hunger Games book 3; Mockingjay

Post by Hecouldshine »

The 3rd book in this trilogy came out last week and I finished it at midnight last night. The first is still the best; I didn’t have trouble putting this one down at bedtimes :roll: Still at least it is a good read and finishes the story off. I shan’t say more; no spoilers :-# Anyone else read it yet?

Here is a bit of gossip about the proposed film http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rMz5GUy_c0w I can't see Kristen Stewart as Katniss myself :-s
He could go and he could shine, not just stay here counting time,
Son, we've got the chance to let him live

from Billy Elliot the Musical
xebonykissesx
GRAMMY Award

Re: The Hunger Games book 3; Mockingjay

Post by xebonykissesx »

Wow! i thought it didn't come out until next week! And i am completely skint, but shall be off to get this in the week i think! #-o

Thanks for reminding me! glad you enjoyed it :)
And no, i don't see Kristen as Katniss either, i doubt she would take the role anyway.
*The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return. Stand your ground for freedom, beauty, truth, and love.* - Moulin Rouge
Hecouldshine
OSCAR Award

Post by Hecouldshine »

xebonykissesx wrote:And no, i don't see Kristen as Katniss either, i doubt she would take the role anyway.
I don't see how she could pass as 15 for a start :lol:

Mind you this book was reviewed in yesterday's Times, and the reviewer predicts that the film is going to be BIG. She says the first Hunger Games book's popularity is spreading by word of mouth in the same way that Twilight did....... \:D/ \:D/ \:D/

xebonykissesx
GRAMMY Award

Post by xebonykissesx »

I'm in agreement :D She's too old! lol but i'm not actually sure who would be good in the role, i'm never very good at guessing.

Ahhh! I hope so [-o< The only problem is that i don't think the premise of the book is particularly original, and it reminds me a bit of the film 'Gamer' or even a bollywood film called 'Luck' that i saw last year.
That being said, Holloywood isn't thaaat fussed on being original, so i guess a good cast and some mighty action scenes will make it a decent film. I'll go and see it anyway!

Although the books themselves i really love, i think they are quite well written and very compelling! I think i almost shed a tear in the second book...almost!
*The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return. Stand your ground for freedom, beauty, truth, and love.* - Moulin Rouge
Hecouldshine
OSCAR Award

Post by Hecouldshine »

xebonykissesx wrote: I think i almost shed a tear in the second book...almost!
Well I predict you will in the third xebonykissesx :cry: :lol:

Welsh Mum
OSCAR Award

Post by Welsh Mum »

Just finished reading book 1 and I'm hooked :D
The highway's jammed with broken heroes on a last chance power drive.
Hecouldshine
OSCAR Award

Post by Hecouldshine »

The good thing for you Welsh Mum is that you get tpo read the whole series right through in one go :mrgreen: . I had to wait years between each book :(

Think they have finally cast Katniss and the other main characters in the film (and at least it isn't Kristen Stewart)

Welsh Mum
OSCAR Award

Post by Welsh Mum »

I saw the girl in Winters Bone and she was excellent.
The highway's jammed with broken heroes on a last chance power drive.
xebonykissesx
GRAMMY Award

Post by xebonykissesx »

I was actually quite dissapointed in the 3rd book. But im a fussy person when it comes to book endings :roll:
Anyway, i think this is going to transfer so well to screen. I have to admit im not too convinced on the cast lookswise, although i think Josh Hutcherson is a decent actor. I haven't seen the other two, but i quite like the look of Jennifer and have only heard good things about her. Donald Sutherland as Snow was cast quite well i feel as i really like him and i think that unique tone to his voice will work really well.
Woody Harrelson as Haymitch is a bit of a bother as I didn't imagine him like that at all, but i do think he is brilliant in White men can't jump and sad as it is, he has that 'drunk' ragged sort of look about him! And of course everyone imagines the characters differently.
But Lenny Kravitz as Cinna?? Im not impressed by that one AT ALL. [-X
charlotterose
BRIT Award

Post by charlotterose »

xebonykissesx wrote: Lenny Kravitz as Cinna?? Im not impressed by that one AT ALL. [-X
Hmm, me neither :?
I thought that Georgie Henly would make a good Katniss. Havn't read the 3rd Hunger games book yet completely but I think I 'll try and finish it soon...
~Acting demands everything.If you don’t give it everything,there will be someone behind you who will~
www.youtube.com/charlotteroseog