Horror film, KKCP help!

Ask each other for help and advice!

Moderator: busybusybusy

mummyofmylittlestar
GRAMMY Award

Horror film, KKCP help!

Post by mummyofmylittlestar »

My daughter has been asked to do a video audition for a horror film, not sure if any other NAPMs are doing it. We've been asked to choose a scene and film it. Trouble is the role my dd is auditioning for has all one lines and needs another actor to do it with. Do you think it's ok for her to just do it as a monologue and cut the other actors lines?? not sure what to do. Thanks
sapphire
OSCAR Award

Re: Horror film, KKCP help!

Post by sapphire »

If the scene works as a monologue you could do that. Otherwise, what someone sits out of shot and read the other lines and we just film DD ... hope that helps :)
pg
OSCAR Award

Post by pg »

I'd be inclined to do it both ways (monologue and duologue with someone else reading in the lines off camera) and see which comes across better. It depends a bit on what your daughter can do most comfortably and naturally. In order to give a realistic interpretation of the scene (and to show her skills as an actor) she will need to react to what is being said in any case, so even if she does it as a monologue I think she would need to imagine the other lines. In film acting, an actor's reaction is often much more important than the lines they speak. "Honest listening" or "honest thinking" is what comes across really well on screen! Best of luck.
mummyofmylittlestar
GRAMMY Award

Thankyou we will have a little play about with it. Thanks for the good advice as always x Has anyone else gone for this by the way?
Thalias_Dad
GRAMMY Award

Post by Thalias_Dad »

When you say KKCP do you mean KCCP? If so which audition is it?
mummyofmylittlestar
GRAMMY Award

Oh dear yes I meant KCCP but just realised it was actually starnow :oops: Its a horror shooting next year in Stoke x
Thalias_Dad
GRAMMY Award

Post by Thalias_Dad »

Raven Rose?
mummyofmylittlestar
GRAMMY Award

No I haven't heard of that one it is called Molly Crows.
Flosmom
OSCAR Award

Post by Flosmom »

I think Flo may have expressed interest in this, although she isn't yet 10 (but will be in 2012).

If it's the one she saw, there's a named role plus 'ghost children' - does that sound like it? Or is Stoke becoming the home if horror films next year? :D

Deb x
sirensong
Nominee

Post by sirensong »

Flosmom thats the one :)
Its being made by flashgun films.

With Mercys reading I just read the lines off camera as was suggested earlier and that seemed to work well .